Hey All

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solja

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum so thought I'd say hey and post a pic of my ride 2004 d22 zd30. It's my first 4x4 and hopefully going to be my car for many years to come. I've had no complaints yet it's been great I've had it for about a month. It's an ex lease Port authority car so it's got some wear and tear but for $14,000 with only 93000 on the clock, brand new tires (2days before I bought it), 8months rego and to my surprise a long range fuel tank (roughly 120ltr, which they never told me about) I couldn't pass it up. I've put the snorkel on and a tow bar, I've bought an str roll bar for it but have to get motivated to remove the tray to get the old bar off first, unless someone knows a quicker way

05022009167.jpg

Ive seen some with the "old bar" still in place with the str sports bar. Altho doesnt look as good it stops crap hittin the cab window. Hows it attach? just grab an angle grinder and cutting disc

Gday solja.
I did not like the thought of removing the frame in place with an angle grinder, so I thought I had to remove the tub. Actually, for my 1999 D22 it was held on with some bolts. The easy ones were the 13mm bolts 2 each on the left and right sides, plus 5 holding the front bar (with welded uprights) on. When it didn't come free, I then found there are 2 10mm bolts hodling the front bar to the tub sides. They can only be accessed through the very small gap between the front of the tub and the back of the cabin. And the head of each bolt is only accessible from the other side of the vehicle. My clever mechanic daisy chained a heap of extension rods together and with a 10mm socket on one end (being guided over the head of the bolt by one person) and a ratched drive on the other end (other side of the vehicle) we managed to remove both bolts. The whole head frame can then be removed.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Peter

UR a genius. thats my exact problem we took 5 or so 13mm bolts out and there are 2 that u HAVE to get from the front of the tray. I was just getting the drive to actually remove the tray but think i might try what you did and link a ton of extensions together lol. did u use a swivel bit just before the socket to get the right angle onto the bolt head?? and just after those 2 bolts are removed it slides off?? because it looks like it should slide up over the top of the tray itself. any more info would be great!!

Latest posts

Back