2004 ZD30 nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lszoke10

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum and to Navaras in general. I'm looking into buying a 2004 D22 with the ZD30, it only has 190,000kms but I've heard terrible things of these engines in the patrol. Just wondering if it's worth buying or if it's going to grenade on me once the Kms get a bit higher. The car is mostly stock other than an exhaust and a 2" lift.

Looks to be well maintained, and has supposedly been serviced every 10k.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on things to check on the car, it's a 2.5 hour drive away so thought I'd get some advice first, no point wasting my time.

Thanks everyone!

the patrol vers is a bit of a different animal. the navara version doesn't have the same issues.

Mines on 306k bud and still going, not going very fast but it’s still going, I’d not have thought it makes enough power to grenade.

yeh mine has done almost 420k, still going strong. The ZD30 in the Navara can be reliable if you do some basic things like block off the EGR and fit a catch can to stop the oil from PCV being ingested by the engine. Also an inter-cooler wouldn't hurt either.

If it’s been serviced regularly and had a normal life, it should go for a long time. These motors give their best between 2-3000 rpm. Fit an engine guard if u buy it, the temp gauge is is not a reliable indicator of actual engine temp.

Latest posts

Back