convert normal headlights to xenon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Reaction score
Hey
just wondering if anyone has converted the standard halogen head lights to xenon type lights, if so any information would be great to hear\
Cheers

I replaced my standard H4 globes with the Phillips Crystal vision lamps which only lasted around 3 months, then tried the Phillips Diamond Vision lamps, they do make a great improvement, but HID is the way to go now I think. Have a kit sitting there waiting to install but a bit hesitant to lack of room to install ballasts and more extra wiring....

You have to be realy carefull with HID as I fitted a kit to my motorbike and it generaly requieres you to cut/trim the rubber cover over the back of the globe rendering it no longer water proof, and if you get a xenon globe wet you are probably up for atleast $40 or $50 to replace each 1. Also from my understanding the reflector on the inside of the lens that sits infront of the globe has to be removed. And finaly HID's are illegal unless you can adjust the hight of the lights from inside the vehicle or they are factory fitted to the car. But saying all of this, I am considering doing the upgrade myself as I love the light on my Motorbike, it is so much better than stock and as a bonus they use alot less power than stock globes.

Make sure you use a kit with electronic/digital ballasts rather than magnetic/iron core. The electronic ones are much better and less prone to problems, are less harsh on the lamps thus better lamp life, plus they're a lot lighter and smaller and therefore easier to mount. Oh, and remember never touch the glass cover of any halogen or high intensity discharge lamp with your bare hands, the oil from your skin will create hot spots on the lamp surface which heat up the gases inside the lamp, dramatically reducing lamp life...

Latest posts

Back