Grease Points on Navara D22 STR 3.0

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velsheda

Reaction score
I have had a very quick look under the body and cannot see any grease points/nipples.

Are there any?

Bloody annoying it is too that there is no easy way of keeping everything lubricated.
Since ours came home from the dealership it has been through alot of mud and wet and everything now squeaks, also not helped I suppose by pressure washing underneath it.
When it gets home tonight I'll be dabbing some grease on the steering stops because they sound terrible when they are dry.
Aside from that does anybody apply anything else such as lanolin to the underbody? In my experience that stuff gets sticky when it dries out and then captures dirt and dust yet it seems to be something that others do.
In terms of preventative maintenance I want to spend a day with a handful of grease and a fistfull of spanners going over as much as I can. In terms of difficulty can anybody rate the following tasks or add pointers or instruction to;

• Wheel bearings
  • Steering and front suspension
  • Rear suspension
  • Driveline
  • Brakes - front callipers, Rear drums and handbrake cable
  • CV's
  • Hubs
These are all things that should be done on a service without a doubt but I am highly sceptical that it could possibly done in under 2 hours by an apprentice in a dealership even if it is listed as a service item and appears on the service invoice.
Cheers
Adrian

Bloody annoying it is too that there is no easy way of keeping everything lubricated.
In terms of difficulty can anybody rate the following tasks or add pointers or instruction to;

• Wheel bearings
  • Steering and front suspension
  • Rear suspension
  • Driveline
  • Brakes - front callipers, Rear drums and handbrake cable
  • CV's
  • Hubs
These are all things that should be done on a service without a doubt but I am highly sceptical that it could possibly done in under 2 hours by an apprentice in a dealership even if it is listed as a service item and appears on the service invoice.
Cheers
Adrian

Yes Adrian, I'd like to get those items lubed up too. Just searched and came across this thread but nobody's commented after you... haven't had a proper look underneath for possible grease points but if nobody's replied i'm figuring its a get-her-on-all-fours and get stuck in!

Anyone shed some light?

cheers
Rusty.

most of those things are sealed for life or very rarely get greased. most people don't do wheel bearings as labor is 9/10th of the job. if your going to grease them you might as well throw new ones in.

Excuse the noob question but where should I be greasing the front prop shaft?

Preferably in the comfort of your garage ;)

Apparently both front and rear props will have grease nipples. The rest of it is sealed until shagged. Shame, there's a sense of comfort in knowing there's some fresh grease repacked into components for me!

:cheers!:

The front drive shaft from the transfer case to the diff has a nipple for the slip join. Unless you've fitted rear springs with greasable shackles pretty sure there's nothing else.

Latest posts

Back