Clutch Judder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, ive got a 2006 reg Nissan Navara D40 just had a new clutch fitted on 47000, its on 52000 now and has started to judder when i am pulling away in first gear. All the other gears are fine with no problems only in the first gear!

Any one got any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks

Yep, sounds like the pressure plates failed. Did you get a genuine or aftermarket clutch?

Thanks for your reply! Yeah i got a genuine Nissan one, ive been told it might be the dual mass fly wheel gone, which is not cheap for a new one! Dont supose you know anything about a solid conversion kit for the D40? Its ment to be insted of the dualmass fly wheel.

yea im getting that judder recently also...1st gear also...can u let me know what it is?? i figured i needed a new clutch

Thanks for your reply! Yeah i got a genuine Nissan one, ive been told it might be the dual mass fly wheel gone, which is not cheap for a new one! Dont supose you know anything about a solid conversion kit for the D40? Its ment to be insted of the dualmass fly wheel.

I've heard once you go to a solid flywheel you can hear more noise coming from the gearbox, some of the guys have overcome this with running a heavier oil in the box. (there is a thread on here some where)
Mine isn't causing any problems yet at 37K, but I concerned about reliability when I go across the Simpson in May. I'm seriously considering doing a solid conversion too. I think the kits around $1600 from Excedy

Yeah my mechanic has recommended me changing the dual mass fly wheel to a solid one but im struggling where to pick one up from, any ideas? i couldnt find it on the excedy website.
Also do you know if i will have to get a different clutch fitted to match up with the solid fly wheel?

nismo4x4
My mechanic is going to be going away for a couple of weeks and by the time i get the solid fly and he fits it i will let you know if it has sorted the problem, he also said to me to take it easy when pulling away with the judder, and try and get my foot off the clutch as quick as possible before it burns out another one!

Yeah my mechanic has recommended me changing the dual mass fly wheel to a solid one but im struggling where to pick one up from, any ideas? i couldnt find it on the excedy website.
Also do you know if i will have to get a different clutch fitted to match up with the solid fly wheel?

nismo4x4
My mechanic is going to be going away for a couple of weeks and by the time i get the solid fly and he fits it i will let you know if it has sorted the problem, he also said to me to take it easy when pulling away with the judder, and try and get my foot off the clutch as quick as possible before it burns out another one!

Xtreme Upgrade for Nissan Navara D40 - Xtreme Clutch - All Australian Clutches

Might buy one too, If you make a query see what price they'll do for two!

Xtreme Upgrade for Nissan Navara D40 - Xtreme Clutch - All Australian Clutches

Might buy one too, If you make a query see what price they'll do for two!

holy mcfkn jesus..

KNI25510 NISSAN NAVARA DIESEL WITH DMF 1.00 1598.00 $1757.82
Clutch Kit with Dual-Mass Flywheel

KNI25509 NISSAN NAVARA DIESEL INC SMF 1.00 1428.00 $1570.80
Clutch Kit with Solid Flywheel

KNI25509HDCF NISSAN NAVARA DIESEL INC SMF 1.00 1789.25 $1968.18
Xtreme Heavy Duty Clutch Kit with Solid Flywheel

TOTAL: $5,296.80

OUCH!!!

no you have to get all 3 nismo. :big_smile:

it doesn't sound like the clutches are much chop. i got 30 k on my 08 plated 1. so i might start putting a few bicky's away, just incase.:dong:

Was reversing trailer in low range up a slight incline, rode it a bit but i wouldn't have said excessively by any means, to keep a few revs up. started to smell a hint of clutch so clutched to grab 1st and get outta there when clutch went to floor and stayed engaged, WITHOUT MY FOOT ON IT!! 10secs later it just popped back out and stunk to high heaven. thankfully it was drivable and it hasn't had a drama in the few days following.

any of u blokes heard of anything like this in the d40?? it'll be back to nissan in next few days, i expect for a new clutch.

thanks fellas

Don't even bother with a guenine Nissan clutch (Nissan quoted me $4100 fitted) they are crap and unreliable.
If you shop around for about $2K fitted you can get a quality heavy duty clutch and a solid flywheel, you will never need to worry about dual mass clutch problems again.

Hi, yeah the same happened to me reversing up a hill with a trailer. Was ok for the next day but still stunk of clutch,then in 1st gear it started to judder. I posted about the judder on here and got told it could be the dual mass fly wheel. Got the garage to have a look at it and have just had a new dual mass fly wheel fitted + a new clutch! Now the trucks driving fine so guess that was the problem!
I was told about gettin a solid conversion to stop the problem happening again but couldnt seem to get hold of one and there pricey!

Latest posts

Back