Air intake mods.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy350

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has done any air intake mods like pod filters or K&N replacement filter mods and if you have gained anything from doing them? Cheers.

I run a Uni filter and am always suprised how much filth it picks up being cleanable outweighs the cost of buying new ones and the uni filter filters air much better than a K&N which would be no good in dust.

Depends on what you are after.

Plenty of people with various types of modern vehicles - particularly modern diesels - have had air flow sensors a ong other things die after installing air filters that use an oil coating.

As for power gains from pod filters etc.....Aussie Frontier might be able to assist - his is a 2wd V6 vehicle and is into track work among other things, but pretty much everyone else I am aware of is into off road type usage. That rules out anything like a pod filter.

Hey people,, I,m having trouble tracking down a after market air filter for my D40, and it seems that No-one makes anything for the 2010 D40, they all advertise will suit from 06 onwards BUT,, and it,s a big BUT my airbox is smaller than my mates 06 model,, (yes both are 2.5 TD ) because i,ve tried to put his filter in mine and it,s to long,,, I,ve put on a 3" cat back exhaust and i wouldn,t mind getting a bit more air flow into the little coal burner,,

I put in a K&N drop in filter. At the end of the day the only diff between it and the stock is the fact I can clean it. Nothing more really.
Some of the Frontier guys have run aftermarket systems but none really give that much performance gain. In short the factory kit is prety good. Now thats on the petrol engine so not really sure bout the oilers but I would think would be similar but not sure.
On an oiler I have heard about the best thing for them is the snorkel as it makes sure its colder air and semi pressurised .

Thai build air cleaner/filters are completely different. And no where near as good as the Spanish built ones. They are smaller, thinner, appear to be different medium and quite useless, after normal road driving you'll notice a film of dust on the turbo side of the airbox. On dirt roads the whole inlet track gets covered in dust.

There are no aftermarket filters available. When I'm going driving in dusty conditions I oil up a standard filter, then throw it away after the trip. Thanks again Mr Nissan!

Thai built,, well that would make some sense in the differance, it,s a pity they carn,t keep the parts the same no matter where the D40,s are built,, because looking at the Air flow sensor plug in the Neck of the top of air box, i wouldn,t be able to put the previous Model airbox in as both plugs are differant,, and i don,t want to butcher my airbox to put on a POD style filter,,, HHmmmmm back to the drawing board

Hey Guys,,

I got a e-mail back from K & N headquarters about the air filter for the THAI built D40, they say that they will be designing one for the THAI built ST in the near future as they have only just received the AIRBOX from THAILAND and we can expect it to be realeased in early to mid of 2011,,, Yay from me,,,, GO the HOLDENS

Latest posts

Back