08 D40 Kingcab diesel servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Well I had my 40K service done today at Nissan.
Total cost was $536.75. Including an xtrail loan car for the day.
I recently replaced the diff oil and cabin filters so there was a saving there.
A break down on costs was
$315 labour
Brake fluid $8.32
fuel conditioner $8.78
Engine flush $9.04
Oil filter $29.19
air filter $36.96
wiper blades $6.61
windscreen cleaner $11.66
magnatec engine oil $43.35
Transmax gearoil $33.60
Front diff oil LSX90 $13.35
worshop materials/waste disposal $20

On their servicing price guide a D40 auto with DPF was priced at $980. This was everything including brakes pads etc.
Interestingly the Thai build D40 use a different fuel filter that only need replacing every 60K, so thats a $160 saving on the 40K service compared to the Spanish.

The fuel filter on my king cab is about $50 or so i change it every 2nd or 3rd service. Keep an eye on dust on the engine side of airbox if any noticeable ask to have your airbox converted to a spainish built airbox no more dust issues

The fuel filter on my king cab is about $50 or so i change it every 2nd or 3rd service. Keep an eye on dust on the engine side of airbox if any noticeable ask to have your airbox converted to a spainish built airbox no more dust issues

I found out last night my ute is Spanish. Doesn't this mean my airbox is spanish?

The reason I ask is, there was a muddy splash mark on the engine side of the airbox near the MAF sensor in my ute. I've no idea how it got there, I only bought the ute 2 days earlier 2nd hand. I took the entire airbox apart and cleaned it with hot water and it looks new now.

But back to the issue, if mine is already spanish, other than a snorkel what other choices are there?

Latest posts

Back