Provent catch can installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchstr

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Thought i might give it a crack & install the catch can myself but I need some help on installing it properly.
What i can gather is the top inlet connects to the hose coming out of the rocker cover & then the bottom is connected back to the intake.
So, in the first pic below have i got it right if i make the connection somewhere along there and into the catch can, then in the second pic plumb it back into that location? :dong:

Is it better to have as much of the original hose as it is larger than the hose for the catch can?
Any location better than another?
Am i missing anything else, seems tooooooo easy? :suicide2:
have i got the right damn hose?

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 895
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 850
its as easy as that. use the same size hose a what's fitted to the motor. the provent should be about that size not a lot smaller.

its as easy as that. use the same size hose a what's fitted to the motor. the provent should be about that size not a lot smaller.

thanks tweak'e
seems too easy!
yeh the hose is actually a little larger thats connects to it and then i have a smaller hose (smae as original), which i bought from them aswell but i have about 3m of the stuff and it looks like i only need about 0.5m!

Last edited:
post ur pic when its completed im still confused as to where its meant to go..meaning wat hoses to use into catch can then out of catch can...is the hol ein bottom of catch can to drain oil at services???

yeh its a bit confusing but i think i get it now..
just needing to clarify something with western filters as i bought all the hoses from them and have about 3m of it all! only seem to need about .5m in total..

yeh mate the bottom is for the drain..

Yakka
I did a lot of searching for this and if you actually read what i asked you will see its not in there or in the thread you have supplied the link too..
The pics are related to the 3.0l not mine, hence why i asked the question!:suicide2:

Settle down mate, I'm only trying to help!! I understand that you have the 2.5, however. ITS THE SAME PRINCIPLE. DOES THE SAME THING. Why would the fact that the engine is a different model alter the principle of the thing? It is after all "as simple as that"........

Why is it that some attempts to provide help are received so poorly by some?????:hmmmm:

Settle down mate, I'm only trying to help!! I understand that you have the 2.5, however. ITS THE SAME PRINCIPLE. DOES THE SAME THING. Why would the fact that the engine is a different model alter the principle of the thing? It is after all "as simple as that"........

Why is it that some attempts to provide help are received so poorly by some?????:hmmmm:

im not upset yakka
im just making the point that i have searched what i am after and couldnt find it.
I too get peeved how some dont search and if you look back at some of my posts i have written the exact same as what you did on mine, hence why it was even more damn annoying that you did..
So before i do any new search i check, seach and check again, if the exact info i am after is not there i will do a new post.

Yes the principle might be the same and to those who have a knowledge of cars & engines, like you obviously do, and it might be easy but i dont, i have no idea and hence why i joined the forum. So why i did the post was because i wasnt completely sure if it was in the correct position where it had to go. I dont want to be responsible for doing something that is going to blow the top of the motor off and have to fork out $$$ to repair it, when i can ask the question to knowledgeable people on the forum to save me the costly mistake!

So maybe next time some more useful comments might be more appreciated :dancing:

You should have just added this question to the existing thread.

Point taken, originally I was going to do that but most of the info in that thread was relating to the 3.0l so thought it would have been easier to do a seperate one for the 2.5, like the EGR mod.... sorry, I will PM you next time if not sure :sad:

Last edited:
All good mate, just easier to keep as much info together as possible.

I understand your point of the difference between the two engines. I would agree with two seperate threads for items like the EGR mod though.

Im still stuffing around trying to fit this catch can and for the life of me cant find a good spot for it... well there is only 1 spot but i cant get it to work..

Does anyone see a problem with having it here and putting a 90 deg bend for the bottom pipe? Will it be too restrictive?

IMG_0210.jpg

yeah its a big unit... maybe that has to do if there is nowhere else?

also drained mine for the first time couple of days ago....heaps of oil, old supercrap can never caught anywhere near that amount.

I cant find anywhere else at all mate... im jst worried about having a tight bend in the hose if its gonna cause a problem?
I will check with western filters on monday and see if the heat will be an issue..

Latest posts

Back