Provent catch can installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I dont think thats going to be as easy as that..
Bit tight on that side too!.. crap!

IMGP2063.jpg

Why don't you just make lil heat shield for it. Leave it where it is and stick piece of metal or sumthin to stop some of the heat??? Seems like an alrite spot to me. I'll have to check under my bonnet for a placement. Gonna order mine this week

Why don't you just make lil heat shield for it. Leave it where it is and stick piece of metal or sumthin to stop some of the heat??? Seems like an alrite spot to me. I'll have to check under my bonnet for a placement. Gonna order mine this week

yeh that could work, if its needed..
more of an issue is the tight bend in the hose, seems too hard, might have a catch can for sale soon

yeh that could work, if its needed..
more of an issue is the tight bend in the hose, seems too hard, might have a catch can for sale soon

what seams to be the problem ??

i would just mount it off the fuel filter mounts. might have the make a small bracket but should be easy enough. that also gets it away from everything and no heat shields needed.

navaracatchcan.jpg

tweak'e, what i am trying to find out is if the bends in the hose are going to cause problems.
if you have a look in my pic on the first page it shows its a bit different to yours..

A 90 or so bend in it won't be bad. Just use one of those hose type bends. Not a 90 direct bend. Should have no issues with a bend being in it. Have a look at the rest of the engine. Everything else has bends

bends are no problem, as long as the hose doesn't kink especially when the motor rocks.

thanks mate..
it would be easier if the catch can had the ability to rotate the inlet & outlet ports!

Provent 200 installation pics on D22-ZD30

Just a few pics of the way I installed my Provent 200.
Used WOZNME's (I think) idea of mounting to the air fliter housing as I may need the extra room around the fuel filter for other things.
As others have discussed there is a bit of stuffing around to get the hoses to fit the 25mm barbs on the Provent. Hope this is of some help to others.

Attachments

• P1000051.jpg
    P1000051.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 504
  • P1000053.jpg
    P1000053.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 447
  • P1000052.jpg
    P1000052.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 408
  • P1000055.jpg
    P1000055.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 385
  • P1000056.jpg
    P1000056.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
this is how i mounted my provent catch can.

Attachments

• PIC_0046.jpg
    PIC_0046.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 393
  • PIC_0061.jpg
    PIC_0061.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 354
  • PIC_0043.jpg
    PIC_0043.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 350
they are not bad fits..i jsut hate drilling into things that prob arent meant to be drille dinto eg air filter boxes and stuff liek that. so im gonna keep staring under my bonnet till sumthin slaps me in the face

Hi All,
Been read a few threads on catch cans and the "Provent 200" appears to be the most popular, but if you replace the filter every 10,000 km ????? thats starting to get expensive at $80/filter approx . Also wondering if the "pressure regulator" actually does anything as there are a lot of catch cans without this feature and they appear to work just as well.
I'm new to 4x4 and diesel's, so I'm just trying to get my head around all the tech stuff.

the provent is popular because its pretty much the only commercial filtering catch can small enough for these vehicles. most other makes are a lot bigger, ie designed for big trucks.

filter replacement, i'm told its a lot more km's than 10k. i would wait till it starts clogging up.
its not a pressure reg but rather a bypass valve so if the filter blocks right up you don't blow the engine seals. not many catch cans have that feature.
only thing the provent doesn't have is volume to catch the oil in. easy enough to pipe it to a container or back to sump.

most generic catch cans do not have filters in them, so the fine oil mist just goes straight through making them almost useless.

Latest posts

Back