Provent catch can installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I did.

If you tap a 1" barb, a 5/8" can be screwed in.

Looks pretty neat.

Remember most plastic is not rated for fuel or oil.

Provent200008a.jpg

Provent200009a.jpg

Hey mate, thats how mine will be but instead of tapping and screwing the brass together, the bloke at Enzed cut and brazed a 5/8" barb to the 1" barb. Worked out really well.

Went into a few more places tonight and still could not find any light 5/8" hose like the standard hose. Will use the heavy duty stuff for now. 5/8" is just a bit of a bastard size.

Where did you get your hose from?

Will post photos in the next couple of nights of what i did.

Pete

Hey guys, sorry for the crapy photos, girlfriend took the camera away with her and i was left with my replacement phone camera.

Could only get the 1" hose in red, so will need to change that when i find it in black, or ill order in those reducer hoses i was talking about earlier.

Bracket i made worked good though. I made it to use the existing holes that had nuts already welded on in the wheel arch. No drilling needed. Used some thin rubber under it i had laying around to stop wear and rust, painted her up.

Brass reducers where made from a 1" barbed fitting and a 5/8" barbed fitting. Bloke at Enzed cut them down and brazed them together for me. Do the trick for now. Wanted to use spring hose clamps over the screw ones but couldnt find any. Screw hose clamps worked better anyhow.

Run the clear drain hose down a little way. Used a 90 deg joiner and then a marine tap like the one in the photo.

Once i get rid of the red hose ill be happy. Wait and see how much blow by it stops now.

Image0036.jpg

Image0034.jpg

Image0038.jpg

Image0039.jpg

Latest posts

Back