Installing cruise control in a D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REKLESS

Reaction score
Hi guys , I havent got a Navara yet but doing the usual trolling bit and one thing I am looking for is cruise control for Highway driving . With the advent of the Mobile cameras I trust a little robot then my right foot for long trips - has anyone had any experience with installing one ?

Didnt install it myself but ive got a Command AP500 i think it is in my D22 and its a pretty
good kit. Holds speed pretty well and is fairly easy to operate.

http://www.navara.asia/d22-accessories/411-aftermarket-cruise-control.html

That thread shows various options other Nav owners have taken. A number of years ago the DSE kits that were on the market were easy to install on most cars, we installed one on a Mazda and it worked fine until we got rid of the car. The kits are no doubt a bit more advanced than they were when DSE first started selling them but with the number of DIY kits available they still can't be that difficult to install.

depending on the year model of your nav. new navs are drive by wire so they need a command AP800, they are a really good kit. The wiring to the pedal is a pain though, not much lengh at all.

i'm not sure which year d22s you're looking at but there was a nissan upgrade for the late 04s early 05s if i'm not wrong and they come standard with cruise control and a few other bits on the STRs

not too sure about those models mate, but i know the newer ones definatly dont. its all aftermarket. we install them for alot of nissan dealers.

oh ok because i looked at 3 d22s before i bought and they ranged between 04-05s and they told me they're factory fitted for a promotion they had going on for the series 2.
again i'm not 100% sure just something that they told me when i was looking at buying it.

hey guys

Read a few threads and I'm not sure - is my 2006 D22 ZD30 fly by wire or pedal pull or something different?

ta

I am thinking of getting one from Autostrada in Brisbane can be self install kit $575 or they will install (they have authorised installers in various locations I believe).
I would like to know if anyone has any experience with their controllers?

Just had an Autron installed on mine is fantastic and I thought a good price on it and he came to me which was great as he installed it I had a tin

Latest posts

Back