D22 Canopy options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dec0guy

Reaction score
Am thinking of getting a canopy for the D22 and wondering what would be the best one to get, what to look for, and what issues any may have?

Am planning to go out on the weekend to get some pricing on ARB, TJM, and Flexiglass canopies.

I just got a flexiglass canopy last week. I went with them because I could option up to larger lifting side windows which go down to the edge of the tray. I think this will make it heaps easier to get stuff in and out of the tray when camping. The smoth finish ones look heaps better too, but I didn't spend the extra as my ute already has plenty of bush pinstriping and I didn't see the need to spend more money just for looks.
Cheers

First up decide if you want fibreglass or plastic with steel frame. TJM have just changed to ABS plastic instead of fibreglass i think. can be certain on other 2 so i won't say. I prefer flibreglass anyday but they have thier + and -

I did this last week with ARB at Coopers Plains, got them to take me out the back where a couple of d40s were getting fitted, and they showed me the sealing tape etc used, how the canopys went together etc, pretty impressed.

Was quoted $2700.00 painted/fittted/1 slide , 1 pop window etc. Haven't checked anyone else out yet.

The one thing I noticed is with the ARB one, if you want to use their roof racks on top, you have to use the internal bracing kit, and I think the TJM one already can support 100kgs because that canopy has internal bracing built in to the shell.

Hoo Roo

Mine came with the flexiglass canopy on it and it does the job. Mines not the high top just the normal one with 1 slide and 1 lift up window on the side. Does get a little bit of water in when i hose it, not sure where its getting in but i doubt it would take much to seal it.

Latest posts

Back