Snorkle for 2010 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UP N OVA

Reaction score
Hey guys,
i installed my snorkle recentley and found i cannot get my 2nd battery back in position as the elbow on the snorkle is in the way. has anyone else had this problem if so how did u overcome it???

Cheers

snorkel install

Hey mate, not sure if this will help, but here are some pics of how mine sits. (this is the nissan snorkel) If the pics dont come up, check my garage.

Attachments

• snorkle&battery.jpg
    snorkle&battery.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 299
  • snorkel&bat2.jpg
    snorkel&bat2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Thanks guys mine is a safari snorkle i got from OL it has a elbow that takes up half the room where the battery should sit.

Hi Up n Ova,

Sounds like they may have sold you one to suit the older D22 with 3.0 litre.

I wonder if they would swap it for the right one. I hope the newer kit has the same location of the hole in the guard. :-O

It may require some "special customizing".

Good luck with it.

DJ

had no problems fitting a 2.5L d22 snorkel to 2009-2010 model...id be hitting OL up for which snorkel they gave u and why it doesnt fit...goodluck

Thanks guys

I rang OL before i started because i seen it had 3ltr on the box he checked his computer and the 3ltr and the 2.5ltr were the same part number. Im going in there next week to pick up some other stuff so i will get them to check it out then

there are only two diff brands of snorkels that fit the new D22's because of the standard dual battery. that is the Geni Nissan one and the TJM airtek snorkel

there are only two diff brands of snorkels that fit the new D22's because of the standard dual battery. that is the Geni Nissan one and the TJM airtek snorkel

Thanks for that mate i will let OL know get them to change it.

so are we saying here that a safari snorkel wont fit on the D22 with factory dual batteries but the genuine nissan and TJM will ?

Lapsed,
Mine is in at OL tomorrow and they are going to use the oringal peice that came out of the air filter and get it to fit some how. If they are sucessfull u can have a look next week at Brunswick and just copy it

This is what a safari snorkle intake looks like. I would be hard to fis a dual battery system in with it

Chris

perfect, thank you

thats exacery what i was hoping to see.. when i was in at TJM and in the listing for the D22 snorkle it said single battery models only so that leaves the genuine one that will fit..

hi guys

has anyone fitted a snorkel to the new d22 str dual cab 2.5 litre nissan navara. I contacted arb and they said that safari snokels dont make on for daul battery setup which is correct, but when i went to tjm at coopers plains in brisbane they said that there airtek snorkel dosent fit either. i am really confused because guys on the forum here have airteck snorkels from tjm fitted on there new navara d22 str. so could some help me or tell me of a tjm store that does do the snorkels in brisbane area .

thanks matt

hi guys

has anyone fitted a snorkel to the new d22 str dual cab 2.5 litre nissan navara. I contacted arb and they said that safari snokels dont make on for daul battery setup which is correct, but when i went to tjm at coopers plains in brisbane they said that there airtek snorkel dosent fit either. i am really confused because guys on the forum here have airteck snorkels from tjm fitted on there new navara d22 str. so could some help me or tell me of a tjm store that does do the snorkels in brisbane area .

thanks matt

Just buy a genuine NISSAN Snorkle. I think it is made by Airtec. Fits great and cheaper than non gen.

Regards
Greg

Latest posts

Back