Series 4 Roof console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GizmoD40

Reaction score
Gday All,
Currently awaiting delivery of a new series 4 and was wondering if anyone had attempted to fit a centre roof console yet?
Wouldnt phase me in any other model, but Im just a little concerned with the curtain airbags.
Any feed back greatly appreciated!

What is your specific worry, don't the curtain air bags just fall down between the occupant and the window therefore making the two items completely independent?

I know there are 2 holes that need to be drilled into a roof beam under the roof lining and of course the cable routing.
Not exactly sure of where the sensors, wiring and actuators etc are for the curtain bags.
A little disappointed that ARB are yet to develop protection steps for the series 4 (again an issue for compliance with the curtains) but you get that!

It's been a while since I looked at roof consoles but those two holes could be an issue I guess I don't really know if they'd run the cables over the roof or not. I'm fairly sure they expect the cable routing for the console to go along the carpet at the roof/windscreen line and then down the pillar but as I say it's been a while since I looked at roof consoles with any seriousness. Taking the roof carpet off is probably your best bet until someone else with a new Nav does the same thing.

I know there are 2 holes that need to be drilled into a roof beam under the roof lining and of course the cable routing.
Not exactly sure of where the sensors, wiring and actuators etc are for the curtain bags.
A little disappointed that ARB are yet to develop protection steps for the series 4 (again an issue for compliance with the curtains) but you get that!

I have arb side steps on mine, i was told i can't put scrub rails on though. the actuators for the curtain airbags are in the front pillar. They told me they're illegal but they never said anything about the side steps.

Latest posts

Back