Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm.sorry I'm a little confused. Did you just buy the compressor and did a hybrid turbo? Or the hot side turbine is also from borg warner?

Ahh sorry.i actually paid for a rebuilt garrett gtb226vk...i recieved a rebuilt kkk/ borg warner BV50 same same really but the BV50 isnt as buttetproof aparantly.
The plan now is to fit it as is and run with that untill i can i can find a good billet wheel and some info on the shaft and possible upgrades..
I actually ordered this in december last year..between a shifty seller and it being sent by ship (possibly on purpose).i ended up getting a refund a month or so back.so essentually its going to be o.k....for now😆😆

Damn, im tempted. But I have got any way forward for fuelling and boost control. Still contemplating between unichip or plug and play boxes.

O and camo.b you're right mate. The hot side turbine entry is the worst to integrate. How on earth will it fit our engine bay. Wonder if a replacement can be made with straight flange instead of this direction

I was thinking about just make a right angled adapter from some thick walled 50mm (i think ) mandrel bent tube..just need two flange plates and its good to go.
I might even do that with mine but as it needs a slight reclocking and would be better mounted a tad higher...save on cutting and welding the outlet pipe.
Boost control should be a vac actuator and custom bracket i believe we need a gtb1749 one...and why not just run with the dawes valve for now? Are you finding the dawes effective?

The ides of extra angled piping use to scare me but seeing how some turbos are mounted and the piping bends aparantly it doesnt matter!!

I'm running the dawes valve in conjunction with the stock solenoid control valve. It's not a full override. I just finished my rims,tires and custom Rear bumper. Moving on to engine bay. Not sure where to start

Always a problem...have you gone with a street look or is it a 4x4? P.S I love the look of the lowered thai racing trucks

Winter....by the looks or things now...apart from my day to day job ive got the metalwork to complete on 3 cars...one is getting a full floorpan from front to rear...need to do the stormwater and landscaping on my house were building as we move in in may.....its all happening! The Nav is always top of the list tho....well my list anyway

I've gone for the stealth look I guess. This is how my rig looks like now. For now I dream to have in a vklr, liquid-air charge cooler and unichip. But work gets in the way.
uploadfromtaptalk1427537450470.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427537473299.jpg

Yea the I designed the rear bar. Had the OEM bumper 3D scanned, had a shop bend up some sheet metal and I welded the whole thing up. Had it powder coated and voila.

Lagging....its sitting here but i havnt got the time or dollars to get the parts i need to fit it up..i hope during winter (mabee late july) will be when it all happens.
Ill definatly keep you posted..

I was just thinking about the idea of getting a new oem core and have it converted to water cooled and ball bearings?

The gt2056 impeller seems to be a very good design for high boost compared to other models which most navs have when shooting for horsepower.

Ive been looking at it for the past few weeks now.im almost ready to order some parts to make the flange adapters and downpipe.need a new filter setup and intake piping too...just keeps adding up.
The only problem i have with my re-wheeled gt2056 is that at high boost say 25-30psi its blowing out some pretty hot air....i did a run down the local freeway at full noise and boost to log some temps from my probes i have fitted...the post turbo temps hit near 200°c and i popped the silicon joiner off my hotpipe it was so warm....im guessing the silicon softened and just couldnt hot the pressure..i could change to t clamps but those temps arnt helping my egts....post intercooler the temp is more 70-80°c with the water meth running ..thats also with a stock cooler....which i really dont have any problem with...hence why im still runnning it..
If somone can actually assure me that a replacement cooler will do any better id change it too.really havnt looked into this that much tho.

Latest posts

Back