Speedo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSSI

Reaction score
What's that Issue about Speedo beeing out??
I was checking the forum about new tyres, and several time this came up
Thanks for your help
Cheers

It's not accurate, simple as that, and in general Nissan won't touch it.

The ADR states that the speedo must NEVER read under the actual speed being travelled and is allowed to read up to 10% over the actual speed being travelled.

Nissan use this to justify not doing anything about the speedo. It should be able to read more accurately - but it doesn't.

Your cheapest solution is to activate the display of the current speed in your GPS. Alternatively, invest in a ScanGauge.

You could buy a Jaycar box to adjust the signal from the gearbox revolution sensor, but I prefer to rely on my GPS.

Every other country gets 265/75 tyres as standard, we get 255/70 causing the speedo to have approx 10% error.

It's not accurate, simple as that, and in general Nissan won't touch it.

The ADR states that the speedo must NEVER read under the actual speed being travelled and is allowed to read up to 10% over the actual speed being travelled.

Nissan use this to justify not doing anything about the speedo. It should be able to read more accurately - but it doesn't.

Your cheapest solution is to activate the display of the current speed in your GPS. Alternatively, invest in a ScanGauge.

You could buy a Jaycar box to adjust the signal from the gearbox revolution sensor, but I prefer to rely on my GPS.

Interesting
I checked it out today.
The Speedo would read 102, the GPS 98 to 100. Thats only 2 to 4%

Typically the GPS units are only about 1% out, so yes you ought to be able to.

In war time, that might change as the military co-opt the positioning satellites for location and targeting information. For now, consider it fairly reliable wherever you have sky above you.

Naturally they get a little inaccurate in the middle of high-rise buildings and they don't much like tunnels.

Typically the GPS units are only about 1% out, so yes you ought to be able to.

In war time, that might change as the military co-opt the positioning satellites for location and targeting information. For now, consider it fairly reliable wherever you have sky above you.

Naturally they get a little inaccurate in the middle of high-rise buildings and they don't much like tunnels.

Thanks
My daily trip to work is 76 km (one way) through beautiful open country, so I can trust the GPS.
Thanks for your help Mate :)

Latest posts

Back