Front 2" hitch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
Easy to make but a PITA to get it fitting right in the bar as it had to be trial fit about 6 times to get right.

Front_hitch1.JPG
Front_hitch.JPG

It's an 200mm wide 8mm plate bolted by 6 M10 high tensile bolts to the top on the chassis horns. The hitch it self is from a H/D tow bar that I scored free from one of our clients who manufactures tow bars here in Adelaide. It's welded to the top of the 8mm plate and gusseted by 4, 6mm full width gussets. It is not mounted to the bull bar at all and only pokes through it so no stress it transmitted to the bar at all. Of course if it flexes that's a different story but I think if gusseted 8mm plate flexes my problems are beyond a damaged bull bar.
I'm very happy with how it turned out and doesn't look out of place at all.
winch2.JPG

Now I can keep my winch in the shed when I don't need it or sell the car. the weight of the winch is off the front end so I dont need to upgrade my torsion bars and if I choose I can fit a normal tow hitch to it to move my caravan around so it's all good!!

got better pics of how youve mounted it to the chassis? whats the plan, leave it in the tray till you get stuck?..

Latest posts

Back