Speedo correction?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hi all. Just a quick one (not sure if topic been mentioned before) Will the jaycar speedo corrector MK11 work on my 05 DX model? or is the speedo controlled by mech cable only?

guys how much are they? and what range of correction do they offer?
thanks

Thank you. I bought and assembled the kit at work today but, my next question is where can I find a wiring diagram to identify the speed sensor wire?

sorry ignore....google is my friend

"This kit alters the speedometer signal up or down from 0% to 99% of the original signal. "
RRP $54.95

so its possible that some people are using this kit to reduce or even stop cars putting on mileage? ie set correction to 0%? or will that trigger some alarm.

Just unplug the the plug on the speedo sender on the gearbox.

No it wont set off an alarm. But you also wont know how fast you are going or when to change you oil next. :big_smile:

Just about any car can have the speedo disabled, the Navara is no different, hopefully people fit these things to correct their speedo which should then also correct the odometer, but there are many tricks people do to keep the mileage down on cars, common one is to go and buy another instrument cluster, stick that in the car, put the current one in storage, then when selling they put the original one back in place.

Just about any car can have the speedo disabled, the Navara is no different, hopefully people fit these things to correct their speedo which should then also correct the odometer, but there are many tricks people do to keep the mileage down on cars, common one is to go and buy another instrument cluster, stick that in the car, put the current one in storage, then when selling they put the original one back in place.

Once upon a time, a drill with reverse and a church-going granny were all you needed to sell a car for twice its value. :dancing:

Quite a few cars these days wont start with the speedo cable disconnected. Tend to be more of the Euro types though.

I have installed the kit (and now removed as I sold the car), I can't tell you the exact colours, but I'll try see if I can find the wiring diagram I used to work out which wires they were.

D22-diesel-cluster.jpg

Just bringing an old thread back to life--any updates on what folks have done OR just living with the speedo being out 10%

Latest posts

Back