Strange RX?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20hurtz

Reaction score
G'day,

I've had my RX for about 2 months now and I've started to think it might not be a thai build after all?

From all the reading I had done on Nav's prior to the purchase I assumed it was Thai built but there are a few things that lead me to believe it might be Spainish. It was built in 12/06.

First pic is of the car in question.

Second is the Vin, clearly shows VSK...etc

Third is the air box, it takes a A1598 filter which I've read is euro spec.

Fourth is a connection down the bottom and in front of the intercooler, from what i've read this is for the ambient air temp sensor? does the connection look right *looks at people in the know*?

Finally though I don't have a picture, is the tail gate latch, I've opened it up, it is a "7" shaped mechanism, from what I've read the thia builds have a differnet mechanism.

So do you think some RX's were built in Spain or is this some kind of bastard child?

Cheers

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 90
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
VSK vin is Spain, Not thai. 2006 is a pretty early D40 so my guess is probably all Aus delivery early D40's are prob spain build. Similar with D22 being Japanese until 2009.

Regards

Greg

Nissan Motors S.A

Thanks for that guys, very happy i've got a spanish built Nav :)

Cheers

G'day,

I've had my RX for about 2 months now and I've started to think it might not be a thai build after all?

From all the reading I had done on Nav's prior to the purchase I assumed it was Thai built but there are a few things that lead me to believe it might be Spainish. It was built in 12/06.

First pic is of the car in question.

Second is the Vin, clearly shows VSK...etc

Third is the air box, it takes a A1598 filter which I've read is euro spec.

Fourth is a connection down the bottom and in front of the intercooler, from what i've read this is for the ambient air temp sensor? does the connection look right *looks at people in the know*?

Finally though I don't have a picture, is the tail gate latch, I've opened it up, it is a "7" shaped mechanism, from what I've read the thia builds have a differnet mechanism.

So do you think some RX's were built in Spain or is this some kind of bastard child?

Cheers
for sure its a spanish built beast you can get ambient sensor and tailgate lock for them i've got the same model easy to bolt on the underbody plates too captive nuts already welded inside the cross members enjoy:rock:

whats wrong with the thai built ones??

The Thai builds have different chassis and they don't include all of the harnesses. Because Spanish-builds are generally headed for Europe where climate control, ambient temperature etc etc is all standard, those cars have all the wiring included.

It's possible that Nissan Australia actually remove things like the ambient temperature sensor so that they can charge us $179.50 plus freight ($37 for road, $92 for air) for a $0.35 part that they took OFF the vehicle in the first place.

Some say there are differences in the chassis strength too. I've not inspected two side-by-side to be able to offer an opinion on that.

Nissan Motor Iberica SA
The head office of Nissan Motor Iberica SA which belongs to the biggest firms in Spain (Espana) is in Barcelona.

Name: Nissan Motor Iberica SA
Street: Calle 3 Pol Indus Zona Franca
City: 08040 Barcelona
Homepage: Nissan :: Men de precios ::
Phone: +34 932 90 80 80
Fax: +34 93/2051214

The D40 was actaully made in Spain and shipped world wide until the Thai plant opened and then we got both models but as far as am aware the R51 and the D40 ST-X are still made in Spain.
R50's may have been built in S.A

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back