Newbie > she's coming

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULTRAD40

Reaction score
Good morning
:marchmellow::dancing1:
I finally pick up my baby today at 4pm ohh counting down, i just want to stay to everyone on this site THANK YOU THANK YOU, reading all your post about D40 has helped alot. but looking now to start exploring cause its been a long time coming GFC held me back.\

i pick my navara king cab td this avo just a few questions but, i wanna put air temp on it and the sales guy said u might find the connection behide side mirrors just wanna knw if anyone has done this.

where can i find a club to join to go for a organised trip or do pple have meeting on this fourm( so i can learn a bit more of 4x4 )

is there any mod i must do to perform better ie chips. already got a bar/ tow bar. can you fit a air compresser in engine bay.

ill be hope to chat to you all after i get it cant wait:cheers!::cheers!:

just what i've found over the last 12 months.

a 2' lift kit will help you alot if your going to play off-road often

join a local club is a good idea, otherwise old-tony and others organise regular meets in your area

it will be hard to fit a air compressor in engine bay - i bought the arb compressor in a plastic box which has all the air hoses and fittings you need - very easy to throw in car when needed. dont forget to get a puncture repair kit - its worth its value in just the first time you use it.

be careful with the factory tow bar, it sits too low at the back end, and really affects your departure angle. I pulled my factor tow bar off and put a step bar on, made 4" difference in gained height at the rear.

Welcome to the forums.

There might be a few people who would like to know if there is an air temp connector behind the side mirrors because most Thai built models don't have them installed while the Spain models have the loom and connector in front of the radiator. The mirror is a new suggestion for any sensor.

If you want groups check out the NSW section they run egg and spoon races frequently, otherwise none specific 4wd groups can be found with a web search (just don't go looking for a certain Victorian one of which someone here (----------^) is a member because their website isn't very Google friendly).

Woody (------^) is right about the compressor under the hood too, although someone here and I can't remember who has managed to shove a compressor under the hood, do a search for compressors and maybe engine or bonnet and you might find it.

thanks woody i got ARB one tow bar also the bull bar in arb but i havent put a winch on yet due to wanna do lift first to support weight, ive seen compressor in box yeah that is a good idea. i would like if anyone in syd knows of a good club. , does ne one knw if they make a rack the same as the dual cab for the roof that will support 100kg ARB have on but it will stick out to far out , im happy if its custom made

Welcome to the forums.

There might be a few people who would like to know if there is an air temp connector behind the side mirrors because most Thai built models don't have them installed while the Spain models have the loom and connector in front of the radiator. The mirror is a new suggestion for any sensor.

If you want groups check out the NSW section they run egg and spoon races frequently, otherwise none specific 4wd groups can be found with a web search (just don't go looking for a certain Victorian one of which someone here (----------^) is a member because their website isn't very Google friendly).

Woody (------^) is right about the compressor under the hood too, although someone here and I can't remember who has managed to shove a compressor under the hood, do a search for compressors and maybe engine or bonnet and you might find it.

The service guy at nissan told me it will behide the mirror but the senor is 165 buck

Price sound right for the sensor going by the '09 prices but the location doesn't sound right. Far be it from me to disagree with a Service Guy at Nissan because their knowledge is just awesome but the 09 sensor is in front of the radiator and the Thai built trucks didn't have it and this if the first time I think anyone has suggested it's in the mirror.

Oh hang on are you talking about the readout is in the glass mounted rear vision mirror and not the senor mount in the door mirror?

i wanna put air temp on it and the sales guy said u might find the connection behide side mirrors just wanna knw if anyone has done this.

Nope you did say side mirrors. I know some of the OS models had the readout in the glass mounted mirror but like I say I've never heard of the sensor being in the side mirror in any car and I don't think it's been mentioned here before.

Still if it is there and your sales guy is one of the few that knows what he's talking about then there might be a few Thai truck owners pulling apart their mirrors to see if they can make their dash read the temp.

Welcome to the forum!

Look out for our trips - we are planning a day trip to the Watagan forest (just north of Sydney) in the middle of January and a camp-out the weekend after at Polblue - west of Gloucester, and about 1500m above sea level (the highest point in the Blue Mountains is 1100-odd metres above sea level).

We may also organise one near Canberra as well, probably try to knock that one over in Feb or March before it gets too cold.

3 hrs to go yeah baby,

I am going to have a look for this connection for the temp on th kc and im going to ring thailand and see where the hell they but it , ive seen on other post where it is in front of radi, so it must be in the car somewhere ,

tony that trip sounds great, this there a club in sydney that have general meeting

thank you spam always been a fan of nissan, and this forum is very informative im still going thru older post its great.

does anyone know what km ill get from a tank.
do i need to becareful in running in the new motor. Can i drive on a freeway , sale guy at nissan said " its not recommended that i tow a trailer till i hit 1500km is this true

From most of the threads on here I believe the KC doesn't get the sensor loom at all but feel free to ring Thailand and see if they can tell you anything I'm not sure if anyone else has gone that far.

How far you'll go on a tank of fuel depends on many things the biggest of which is your right foot. The KC's have been reported to be fairly average on economy usually up around the 12's or higher but there is nothing saying yours definitely will be.

As for running the motor in I wouldn't be overly worried about it, just don't thrash it for a while. Unless you a truly a lead foot that takes off from each set of lights in a cloud of tyre smoke (good luck doing that in a Nav anyway) then normal driving be it at 60ks or 100ks will not have any adverse effects on a new car. The sales guy is really just towing the Nissan line and saying what they are all told to say to protect themselves.

3 hrs to go yeah baby,

I am going to have a look for this connection for the temp on th kc and im going to ring thailand and see where the hell they but it , ive seen on other post where it is in front of radi, so it must be in the car somewhere ,

tony that trip sounds great, this there a club in sydney that have general meeting

thank you spam always been a fan of nissan, and this forum is very informative im still going thru older post its great.

does anyone know what km ill get from a tank.
do i need to becareful in running in the new motor. Can i drive on a freeway , sale guy at nissan said " its not recommended that i tow a trailer till i hit 1500km is this true

If the ambient temperature sensor is going to be anywhere it'll be in front of the radiator just left of middle. If your VIN starts with VSK then it's probably going to be there. If not - and your VIN starts with M then you may not find it.

We've only just started formalising a "club", and since it's not actually registered or anything we don't have "general meetings" but we are having Christmas drinks in December. You're welcome to come along to that! I don't know of any club in Sydney.

Economy - will probably suck badly while the vehicle is new, diesels don't settle for quite some way. Initially I'd expect maybe 500km to a full tank (16LPHK) - that's about 400km or so when the reserve light comes on. It should improve to about 500km when the reserve comes on (13LPHK) give or take some lead in your foot. Driving conservatively you should be able to get it down towards 10LPHK.

Just don't expect to get those figures straight off the mark - she needs to settle in first.

Don't tow until after the 1,000km service at least. When you do tow while she's young (and before the 10,000km service) just take it easy, don't hammer it - certainly take her out, but be kind.

- i bought the arb compressor in a plastic box which has all the air hoses and fittings you need -.

Me too. I cut the end off the two alligator clips and soldered on a merit plug. Then fixed a merit socket to the bullbar which is hard wired to the second battery.

Good morning
:marchmellow::dancing1:
I finally pick up my baby today at 4pm ohh counting down, i just want to stay to everyone on this site THANK YOU THANK YOU, reading all your post about D40 has helped alot. but looking now to start exploring cause its been a long time coming GFC held me back.\

i pick my navara king cab td this avo just a few questions but, i wanna put air temp on it and the sales guy said u might find the connection behide side mirrors just wanna knw if anyone has done this.

where can i find a club to join to go for a organised trip or do pple have meeting on this fourm( so i can learn a bit more of 4x4 )

is there any mod i must do to perform better ie chips. already got a bar/ tow bar. can you fit a air compresser in engine bay.

ill be hope to chat to you all after i get it cant wait:cheers!::cheers!:

Agree with what WoodyD40 has said but you can also install an air compressor under the front passenger. I've done this like in the attached pic.

Attachments

• compressor.jpg
    compressor.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 40
How noisy does that get or can't you hear it over all the rattles and the screaming engine noise Nissan install for us?

How noisy does that get or can't you hear it over all the rattles and the screaming engine noise Nissan install for us?

Not too bad really. No one is usually sitting in there when airing up the tyres and the time taken to engage the locker is less than a second one the head of air is up and cutout pressure reached (this is about 3 or 4 seconds). I had a compressor under the bonnet in my patrol and IMHO it was far too exposed to dust - nice dust free environment under the passenger seat.

My biggest problem with an install there is what to do with all the screws, coins, fuel receipts and other crap which seems to makes it way down there.

if he's anything like me, he'd be just sitting in the shed looking at it smiling

Latest posts

Back