I think i found it ( temp 4 k/c)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULTRAD40

Reaction score
Hey guy

Just want to let the guys knw that have king cabs stx that in the front passager side near the head light there is a input for temp, had a look at the dual cab where they have it in front of grill. compare it the socket lookes the same know to get a sensor from dealer, but before i blow my all my electricals can someone confirm . this socket.

chees

frank

Read through the temp sensor thread you may wont find any one confirming the theory but atleast it's better than starting another thread that is pretty much the same as an existing thread.

If it makes it easy for you, I'm happy to pop my sensor out and try it in yours. I'm up Newcastle way and heading up the valley this weekend. We still ought to be able to organise something, let me know if you want to give it a shot. If the sensor fits in the socket there's a good chance it's right - the thing is fairly unique - and inside it's only a thermistor, which looks like a resistor (electrically speaking) so it shouldn't cause any harm.

Edit: the things cost about $200 from the dealer. I'd be sending Nizzbits a pm before landing at the dealer with cash in hand.

probably not much point now, let the mods move it if they deem necessary.

tony im in umina this weekend working on my hoilday house , i can sent you my details we can meet up, that sound like a good idea,

We'll be up at Muswellbrook - a fair distance from Umina. Won't be back until Sunday arvo. We might not leave until Saturday morning though, so Friday afternoon is a possibility. I'll check with the wife when I can get in touch with her, don't make any changes to your plans just yet.

Mate, with a daughter playing in a rock band and not yet with her own license, we have the perfect excuse to travel more and better still, we get a free show as well.

You won't see me complaining about it!

Almost got 40,000km on the clock now, I expect to be within 1,000km of it by the end of next week.

OK Tony thanks just keep me posted cause i got a van in wangi wangi thats about 30min from newcastle, ill be there for xmas maybe we can arrange something. cheers

Hi Frank (ULTRAD40) I can confirm that you are correct if you haven't worked this out already.

I just figured out one of the workshop manuals I have is for a king cab so I remembered this post so looked it up and hey presto your spot on.

See attached image. (It talks about the left side but looking at the picture I think it's referring to the left side from the driver seat which is the right hand side standing if front of the ute).

Attachments

• ATC.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
yes yes yes!! i was hopeful the king cab would turn out to have this somewhere...

thanks for the info gents :)

jpmc yeah im just waitin for nissan to ring me to pick it up, ive orded it but still waitin, ill let everyone know how it goes once installed.

I assume if this works for the K/C it will also work for the Thai Built Dual Cab (ST) ?

Have you confirmed the wiring into the dash display is there ?

I was talking to Woody about this the other day but he didn't seem interested in trying it, silly bugger was all interested in holidays and fishing. I've got the 20 cent item to test Woody's out to see if it works, it wont read the right temperature but it will confirm whether or not the dash is capable of showing it. Given the dashboards look the same I'd assume it is but for $100 it is an expensive test.

Sorry the above post should read "I've got a 20 cent part I can test in Woody's (as he's the only one I know with an ST) to see if the reading comes up on the dash." He just has to find the connector then get in touch with me if he wants to do it.

any chance of a pic of your plug ULTRAD40?? the plug in my kingcab is a 2 pin socket.. and reading through the original "show the temp in your dash" thread it seems the sensor runs 4 pins?!!

The sensor in the original thread runs 2 pins but has room for 4, probably to do with the extra features in the US or UK. If you look at the pics with the non factory thermistor you'll see the two pins it uses.

I got bored so I went an found what I was referring to above.

http://www.navara.asia/general-tech-talk/72-show-temp-your-dash-14.html#post46535

From JPMC's picture you can clearly see the component he brought from the electronics shop only uses two pins. By holding the socket in the same manner as the picture you can easily see which pins you need to bridge. I still haven't found the right thermistor (and sort of gave up looking) but I've had a few thermistors lying around which I stuck in the pins shown and got a reading to prove I could get it working with a 22 cent part, one day I might even get back to actually figuring out the right thermistor.

Latest posts

Back