Installing tub liner 2010 STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniden

Reaction score
Hey fellas.
Just been ringing around Nissan parts, for a tubliner. But they're all giving me different prices and opinioons on installation. Plus i need one asap so i wanna do it my self.
Some of them want $200 just for install/labor. :suicide2:
How difficult is it? I can't imagine it being more than 6-8 bolts or something.
Also does anyone know if these come folded, or they already come in tub-form and it just slots in. I want the over-lipped one.
Cheers.
Eric.

It comes in the shape of the tray already not folded then there is also the extra bit that fits on the tailgate. i no that the 4 tie down bolts hold it in but not sure if there are any more haven't really looked. then there is the two little brackets for the bar that goes across for the soft torno cover. on the tail gate im pretty sure it bolts onto the tail gate handle. and all nissan did was put double sided rubber tape to hold the bottom. hope that helps.

It comes in the shape of the tray already not folded then there is also the extra bit that fits on the tailgate. i no that the 4 tie down bolts hold it in but not sure if there are any more haven't really looked. then there is the two little brackets for the bar that goes across for the soft torno cover. on the tail gate im pretty sure it bolts onto the tail gate handle. and all nissan did was put double sided rubber tape to hold the bottom. hope that helps.

Thanks for that mate. It makes sense. Will be installig it tomomrow, providing i actually find one... somewhere :S

Cant see how it would be hard looking at mine, a few bolts into the front of the tub, allen key heads, and 4 screws into the tailgate section. re supply have you tried Nizzbits?

Thanks heata. Yeh i figured it was a number of bolts, it's not a brain surgery. But, i thought maybe theres something i'm not aware of, since nissan wants $200+ and the car for 4 hours to do it. I just managed to track a, underlipped one, picking it up later this arvo.

Installed last evening. Pretty straight-forward.
For those curious how it works:
1/ Remove tie-down hooks from each corner of tub.
2/ Remove 4 bolts from the front of the tub and throw away.
3/ Clean tub, and wipe back bottom section closest to the tail-gate with some alcohol, and then apply double sided tape.
4/ Slide tub-liner in and tuck it under the side-lips on both sides.
5/ Re-install the tie-down hooks on each corner and push down back bottom part of liner to grip it with the double-side tape applied earlier.
6/ Install 4 new bolts (supplied withthe fitting kit) to the front of the tub through the matching holes in the tub-liner.
7/ Remove the screws holding inside back-plate of the tail-gate door handle, but keep the plate in it's position.
8/ Wipe around with alco and apply 8 x double-sided tape around the edges.
9/ Line up the tail-tage liner and press down to to apply double-sided tape and screw in the 2 screws supplied with the fitting kit into the back plate screw holes.
10/ Beer 'o clock :cheers!:

Done

Installed last evening. Pretty straight-forward.
For those curious how it works:
1/ Remove tie-down hooks from each corner of tub.
2/ Remove 4 bolts from the front of the tub and throw away.
3/ Clean tub, and wipe back bottom section closest to the tail-gate with some alcohol, and then apply double sided tape.
4/ Slide tub-liner in and tuck it under the side-lips on both sides.
5/ Re-install the tie-down hooks on each corner and push down back bottom part of liner to grip it with the double-side tape applied earlier.
6/ Install 4 new bolts (supplied withthe fitting kit) to the front of the tub through the matching holes in the tub-liner.
7/ Remove the screws holding inside back-plate of the tail-gate door handle, but keep the plate in it's position.
8/ Wipe around with alco and apply 8 x double-sided tape around the edges.
9/ Line up the tail-tage liner and press down to to apply double-sided tape and screw in the 2 screws supplied with the fitting kit into the back plate screw holes.
10/ Beer 'o clock :cheers!:

Done

I did mine too, Easy as. The double sided arangement for the tailgate panel works as well as one would expect, being not at all. The tape will fail soon. I drilled a hole on each corner and rivetted the corner of the panel to the tailgate. looks neat and works beaut.

Otherwise, the underlip liner from Nissan is beaut.

Regards

Greg

What i realized "after" everything was done is, i DIDNT apply any rust prevention like it mentions in the instructions... Not that i had any on me :S

What i realized "after" everything was done is, i DIDNT apply any rust prevention like it mentions in the instructions... Not that i had any on me :S

Neither did i. i plan to pull the tub liner out every few years and clean the tray out and check for rust. I doubt Nissan would treat them anyway.

Greg

Neither did i. i plan to pull the tub liner out every few years and clean the tray out and check for rust. I doubt Nissan would treat them anyway.

Greg

Good idea. It's not like it's a hard task. Might do the same.
Have you got a hard cover or a soft tonneu on yours? Wondering when a soft cover is being, installed are the bungy points just rivetted in from the outside, or do you have to get in from the inside of the tub (removing the liner in the process) ? I'm yet to decide on a hard cover or a soft tonneue, so just wondering.

Good idea. It's not like it's a hard task. Might do the same.
Have you got a hard cover or a soft tonneu on yours? Wondering when a soft cover is being, installed are the bungy points just rivetted in from the outside, or do you have to get in from the inside of the tub (removing the liner in the process) ? I'm yet to decide on a hard cover or a soft tonneue, so just wondering.

I fitted the genuine soft tonneau cover. It is a nice quality kit and well priced. Instructions are excellent. The bungy points are rivetted on, so you need to drill holes yourself. The instructions give you measurements that are easy to follow. Nissan provide a rust preventative grease that you apply to the rivet and hole as you rivet it on. Can be fitted in a couple of hours without difficulty.

regards

Greg

The double sided arangement for the tailgate panel works as well as one would expect, being not at all. The tape will fail soon. I drilled a hole on each corner and rivetted the corner of the panel to the tailgate. looks neat and works beaut.

I can see what you mean about this mate. I took great caution making sure i stuck mine on right and just today i noticed it is already flaking off a little bit. Your rivet idea might be the go :top:

I can see what you mean about this mate. I took great caution making sure i stuck mine on right and just today i noticed it is already flaking off a little bit. Your rivet idea might be the go :top:

When i rivetted each corner, i used a stainless steel washer under the rivet to spread the load as the panel is plastic.

Regards

Greg

When i rivetted each corner, i used a stainless steel washer under the rivet to spread the load as the panel is plastic.

Regards

Greg

Thanks for the tip. Is the grease nissan gives with the soft tonneue cover (rust prevention one), commercially available? I'm thinking of using it for the tail-gate side of the rivet.

Thanks for the tip. Is the grease nissan gives with the soft tonneue cover (rust prevention one), commercially available? I'm thinking of using it for the tail-gate side of the rivet.

I Used it when i riveted the tailgate liner as i had some left over. Unsure if it is avail commercially. Otherwise probably any heavy grease will do. i also coated the bac of the rivets and holes with a rust preventative, being a spray can with a tube, KO66 from memory, but Tectyl etc woukld be fine. I used the same on the inside of the snorkle when i fitted it, as in the bolt heads etc.

Regards

Greg

Thanks ST-R.
Will bite the bullet and attempt installing the tonneue cover my self tom morning, and i'll rivet the tail-gate tub-liner part as well while i'm at it. Hope it all works out.

I'm going to be installing one that I am buying on eBay soon - is the double sided tape a complete waste of time?

I'm going to be installing one that I am buying on eBay soon - is the double sided tape a complete waste of time?

I didn't even use any on mine at all, just got a pack of stainless screws and put either 6 or 8 (can't remember now) in to hold it on. The amount if bows when its hot is incredible so its easy to see why the tape won't last long...

I didn't even use any on mine at all, just got a pack of stainless screws and put either 6 or 8 (can't remember now) in to hold it on. The amount if bows when its hot is incredible so its easy to see why the tape won't last long...

Nice to know. I'm sure I'll figure something out along the same lines.

Dealer wanted 595 for the tub and install, I found one on ebay, from the next dealer over, for 310 and picking it up on the weekend. Should be a good little project.

Latest posts

Back