Anyone near collaroy or jindabyne?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone is near Collaroy of Jindabyne and could help me with egr / butterfly mod as I'm not 100% sure I understand how to do it myself? Thankyou.

Last edited:
We passed through Jindabyne on the way home from our trip this year. Shame we couldn't have organised this a little sooner, although our decision to go there was more a spur-of-the-moment thing.

It's not really all that difficult. On the driver's side of the engine near the top, a gold pipe ends where it meets the EGR valve assembly. Remove the two bolts from the flange on this pipe, being careful not to drop the gasket that's in the join.

Remove the gasket and using it as a template, draw all of it on a sheet of stainless steel (0.8-1.0mm thick) but do NOT include the large central hole. You should just draw the outline, plus the two bolt holes. Put the gasket somewhere safe.

Now, gently cut the gasket out and drill the two holes. File the edges smooth, but make sure the thing stays flat - a bend in it will cause trouble later.

On both sides of this blanking plate, around the area where the central hole should be, apply some sensor-safe Permatex Ultra Blue. This stuff costs about $17 a tube in Supercheap Auto and is the ONLY gasket cement you should use.

Attach the new blanking plate to the pipe, push the bolts through and into the holes where they came from and tighten them up. Job done!

Isn't there some sort if wires or t pieces or something I have to change or do or something?
Should msg me next time ur in Jindabyne. Could to a run to tom groggin or mt pinnabar

It works on a D40, might be enough for a D22 but there are some extra bits to do on the 22's. There's a thread with pics and instructions, but you maybe someone from Canberra could help.

Yeah, we should do a run somewhere sometime, as long as I can plant our van somewhere safe - we had the van with us as we passed through and it doesn't do off-road that well!

yeah could park it at mine.
hmm yeah there is a thread, but i aint too cluey even after reading itm, thats why i was after some help :p
anyone....?

Latest posts

Back