Tyres for sand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULTRAD40

Reaction score
NEED HELP launching my boat off the beach i fould always get stuck the car is a d40 king cab stock as, can anyone suggest what i need to do or need to get to help me get out of this situation boat weigh is 350kg , its mainly beach sand.

For sand your best bet is the least aggressive as you can get and drop your pressures down low, starting at 18psi. Highway terrain are good because you have more tread in contact with the surface, I noticed my bfg at's were nowhere near as good on sand As a friends with highway tyres.

found i dropped psi to 20 and still got stuck i have air compressor, may be i should just drop psi abit more give it a try, so that might sort the problem out,so my stock tyres should be ok then or is it worth investin in bigger tread

20PSI is still too high. you can safely go as low as 10 if you need to, but just dont try and turn too quickly or you can unseat the bead from the rim. my advise would be when you're getting stuck go down to 15PSI and try there, if no good go to 12PSI and try there then 10 or in extreme cases 8PSI (But be very careful here, you can unseat the bead and even spin the rim inside the tire, but you'd have to be very unlucky.).

send off for this, it'll show you what effect the different pressures gives you.

Cooper Tires - Free Info Pack

To find the best pressure for your tires in sand let them down to between 20 to 15 and then go for a drive along the sand then take you foot of the accelerator and foot on the clutch and if it comes to a dead stop they are to high but it it cruises nicely to a nice smooth spot they are perfect. it took me about 3 or 4 goes to get it right and the pressure for my car on stock tires was 13 to 14 PSI but will have to check that ad i have put new tires on and they may react different at certain pressures.

Latest posts

Back