cooper vs bfg

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenevera

Reaction score
ok guys i have 2 sets of tyres
cooper discoverer STT 265/75/r16 (on factory nav rims)
or bfg all terrains 31/10.5/r15 (black steel rims)
ok so the coopers have 2 good and 2 poor and so do the bfg
i am undecided on which ones to sell and which ones to keep the bfg on the 15's are patrol offset and scrub on full lock and articulation the coopers dont as much but are a bigger tyre
just wanna hear from people that have had both or really bad experiences with either

cheers brad

and ill just add that the reason im asking is i would need to buy 2 of each to do a proper comparison myself
prices are
310 each for bfg
385 each for coopers

If they were the same size I'd say the BFGs without hesitation. My uncle had the coopers and only used them fir towing with a patrol, they disintegrated and broke up without hard use. The BFGs are a great tyre, I have had mine for almost 6 months and can't fault them. Bloody awesome tyres.

the size will probably be what you make your decision on I reckon. Bigger tyres = free lift.

Cooper tyres have been good to me, cant comment on the BFG's though as I have never used them.

Dave.

I'm pretty new to this game but I know already that this is one of the wonders of the 4b world. My local retailer reckons the stt's are a better tyre as they are slightly more aggressive than a BFG at but not as much as a mud terrain, and are newer technology. However I guess if the bfg's ain't broke why fix em, as in they have a great reputation.
Can't comment on the coops but my bfg's serve me well, quiet on road and useful enough (so far!) off road.
I'm running 265 70 16's. I started a thread about going up a size as there are a few disadvantages but having been out with the vnog boys I'm going up a size! They look heeeeaps better.. haha that's what it's all about!
BFG vs Cooper, I'd go for the best deal and most suited to your purpose, they both seem to have a lot of fans.
Good luck!

yer i think im just gonna go all out and buy some mickey thompson atz 4 rib at 285/75/r16 and put em on my str rims and ill just try wind up torsions a bit more and see how i go otherwise ill get 2inch body lift and wind torsions down to suit i have a 3inch calmini kit so it should clear alright

They use BFGs in the Dakar all round, they haven't even got special tires made for them. Just simple stock standard bfg AT KO.

Was getting my set put on and a guy came in and said, Good choice ive done 97,000 on mine already with still plenty to go.

I was chuffed to hear :)

Latest posts

Back