D22 not legal on R15 rim with 31/10.5 R15 tyre in Australia? Particularly SOuth?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teno

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is it true that it is not legal to change the wheel of a D22 (mine is 2012) from R16 to R15 and change tyre into 31/10.5 R15? I have checked BJT, Tyre Power and even supplier like ROH and CSA. My plan is to change the rim into a steel and change the tyre too but apparently it's not legal. Location, South Australia.

Heaps of people have done it for 33's on a 15 inch whee cos it's cheaper.. If your changing wheel/tyre combo then keep the same size 16 wheel? Is there much price difference between 15-16 inch wheels?

Heaps of people have done it for 33's on a 15 inch whee cos it's cheaper.. If your changing wheel/tyre combo then keep the same size 16 wheel? Is there much price difference between 15-16 inch wheels?

I reckon not much difference on price. However my idea is make my tyre more chunkier by decreasing the radius of the rim. I'm not planning on doing any lift or cutting or something so i'm going to 31/ 10.5 R15. which i believe the equivalent to 265/70 R16.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back