What else should we blame on the mining industry, according to Sen. Bob Brown?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What else should Bob Brown blame coal mining for?

• The death of Michael Jackson

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Aids epidemic in Africa

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Inequalities in indigenous education and health

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • The end of the "Ice Age"

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • 1893 floods

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • The crucifiction

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • 9/11

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Apollo 13 explosion

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Reality TV

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Feminism

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters

WIR35

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, Bob Brown has loosely laid the blame for the QLD flood disaster on the coal mining industry, because burning of fossil fuels caused the super-heating of the oceans which caused rain to fall from the sky etc etc.... and has called for levies on the coal mining industry to pay for the flood relief.

I was wondering what other things we could blame on the coal industry while we're at it so we can all get some compensation....

*please note my sarcasm

As much as you guys up there don't need more bullshit you can have Brownie, because while he's up there he's not down here bitching about coal fired power stations.

Closely followed by the absolute bong smoking, no brain ,don,t chastise children vege loving tree hugging f$%#@s who voted the d^%$#@*d in

I take it you don't like Tasmanians?

It will be interesting to see if that comment is a Green's Own Goal and their vote slumps.

Didn't Brown blame the coal mines for the drought.
I think he is clutching at straws trying to validate his climate change theory based on human habitation and advancements. Core samples analysed from the Great Barrier Reef and polar ice caps have identified that the weather cycles that we experience have been happening for tens of thousands of years wit hvery little variation. Iff he chose to look at the climate data collected in the last 150 years in Australia rather than just the last 50 he may even identify some sort of pattern.

Red Dog, there is simply no place for logic and research in this debate!! It's all about unfounded hysteria and scaring the pants off everyone.

Bob's biggest problem is that there is a bunch of tree hugging do gooders that actually believe the crap he sprouts and it just encourages him, and the biggest problem with those save the tree wankers is that they are mostly high rise CBD dwelling grunts who rarely see a real tree (but have paintings of them in their penthouse suites so they know all about them) as proven at the last election when some inner city fringe in Melbourne voted in a greens candidate.

I thought it was rather comical to see Bobby riding high on someone elses shoulders claiming it was a coming of age for the Greens and just how Australian's thought. He forgot that Australia is made of of more than just one electorate.

Oh and in relation to what else we can blame on the mining industry, I blame them (and I'm not sure which one is responsible) for digging up the fossil that is Bob Brown in the first place, if only they'd left him in the hole they found him is all this wouldn't be happening

Last edited by a moderator:
:dizzy:Don't worry guy's we're in the same boat over here in NZ with the greenies.
They don't want mining (could blame the Pike river mine disaster on them (if you've heard of it) as greenies were is the reason it was an underground mine. Owners originally wanted to opencast it) and then they want renewable green energy sources for power but wont let anybody dam rivers or put up wind farms, go figure?

Greenies are a unique bunch, they don't want things dug up, cut up, used up or worn out and due to their wonderfully sunny outlook on life they don't need to explain how life can go on without such things they just need to voice their opinion and think it should be made law.

The old stickers that used to been seen on so many vehicles in the bush summed it up best. "Fertilize the bush, doze in a Greenie."

On a similar stupid note bad news for duck hunters this year is that the season has been extended which means that dumbarse moron known as Laurie Leevy is going to get more airtime bitching about how bad duck shooting is. I'm not a duck shooter but people like Laurie really piss me off, with the number of ducks that have been shot over the 20 odd years he's been bitching if shooting some was such a threat to their existence we wouldn't still have so many for the shooters to hunt for. Besides during opening weekend when this guy is at his busiest with all the alcohol and stupidity that happens out there (by small groups not all of them) I think a flying duck is probably the safest thing around. If some drunken duck shooter without the will to live can't mistakenly put a bullet in that pricks head before the end of duck season then something is wrong.

Bob Brown is not even an elected member of parliament. He is elected by his party (Greens) to act as a representative. For all intensive purposes he is another Julia Gillard - another person who we didn't elect, never shuts up and embarrasses us every time he/she opens her gob.

The media love him because he is every thing that us normal every day red neck racist dinki di Aussies hate. He's from Tassie, has a comment about every thing, a Green, he doesn't like 4wd cars - apparently they destroy the environment, suck to much fuel and kill people (he obviously is thinking about Hiluxs') and to top it off he's a knob jockey (no offence intended to any other knob jockeys out there driving Navs).

The mining industry stole my youth!!!!!!

They also should be held to account over all of Qantas' bad press over the past few years.

I think they are responsible for the war in the middle east.

Australias failed bid at hosting the soccer world cup.

And why oh why can't we blame them for the lack of an ARB front air locker for D22s??????

There ya go Bobby, go flog that horse!

There's plenty of things we can blame mining for, but here's one giant thing we can blame Bob Brown & Co for.......

HAVING TO LISTEN TO JULIA GILLARDS CONDESCENDING MONOTONE VOICE!!!

Bob Brown is to blame for St.Kilda captain Nick"cry baby" Rivolting pulling out his knob and tossing it in front of his gaybo team mates..

bob brown,what a prick,what about all the hot air and bullshit that comes out of canberra every year that would be enough to change any climate.

Bob Brown is not even an elected member of parliament.

Pretty sure he is, the people of Tasmania ticked the box next to his name.

He is elected by his party (Greens) to act as a representative.

That's true, he's the Parliamentary Leader of the Greens.

For all intensive purposes he is another Julia Gillard - another person who we didn't elect, never shuts up and embarrasses us every time he/she opens her gob.

You're right, you didn't elect Julia Gillard, and neither did I - the people in the seat of Altona did. We also didn't vote for Kevin Rudd, or John Howard, since neither of us lives in Queensland or NSW.

Latest posts

Back