What else should we blame on the mining industry, according to Sen. Bob Brown?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What else should Bob Brown blame coal mining for?

• The death of Michael Jackson

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Aids epidemic in Africa

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Inequalities in indigenous education and health

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • The end of the "Ice Age"

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • 1893 floods

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • The crucifiction

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • 9/11

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Apollo 13 explosion

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Reality TV

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Feminism

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
The Hon. Eric Roozendaal MLC | NSW Premier

^ There is a bigger !@#$wit then Bob Brown.

I will be cheering when this !@#$wit gets fired, he has done nothing good for NSW.

As for Bob Brown, he is just trying to win votes. He will disappear one day.

It was flooding way before the mines existed.

Dave.

I was going to write a list of reasons why the coal industry should be held responsible - but i suspect that many of you are too stupid to understand it anyway. So, you may as well keep on shitting in your own nest and mortgaging your kids future!

I was going to write a list of reason as to why your list of reason is nothing more than poor excuses but after some thought I decided the much easier response was to simply laugh at you and the many ill informed opinions of the doomsayers rather than start a shit fight.

So in response to your response
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

I notced that being i nutmen and finding cumfort inside another mans bum, was not to blame for the flooding Bob. Some sort of favourtism maybe.

What about all the tears cried into bitten pillows creating excess moisture in the air, hence adding to humidity and causing heavier rainfall????????

As for nakedape. Does your pillow have bite marks? if not let 'er rip. I love it when a good rant gets out of hand due to ingnorance and stupidty.

There is no possible way you can tie an event that nature has put on for millenia and will continue to do so for millenia to come, to the coal mining industry. Mankinds facination with riverside property is the main reason floods are bad and natures ability to put on a kick ass sky show.

We will continue to build near water and therefore will continue to get wet.

Last edited:
I was going to write a list of reasons why the coal industry should be held responsible - but i suspect that many of you are too stupid to understand it anyway. So, you may as well keep on shitting in your own nest and mortgaging your kids future!
Bobby has a contender!!!

The Greens can get more rediculous.

I was watching the ABC morning show yesterday morning and I remember hearing them say "A Greens Politician came out and said Extacy should be legalised" :rolleyes:

How did that !@#$wit get to be a politicain with a attitude like that.

If you needed a decent attitude to be a pollie none of them would be there.

I think they all take it in turns to say something stupid, there is a roster somewhere that tells each pollie when it's their turn to take the limelight off their mates by saying something stupid. If they can't think of something stupid enough it becomes a leaked story and the media run with it can. Three failed attempts and it's a sex scandal or equally as embarrassing screw up.

I think our little Bobbies lost the plot. I would like him to go out there and start plugging up a few these naturally occurring volcanoes that are spewing 100,000 times more carbon based polution into the atmosphere (per day) then the entire worlds green house gasses generated from power stations do in a year.

Yeah but with his head stuck in a hole and his arse skyward we'd have no worries about preserving the sun since it obviously shines out his arse.

I am F#*#n disgusted that the taxpayers support this clown. Hows about redirecting his salary and no doubt significant allowances to the qld flood appeal or to fix the damn roads in queensland. the amount of wind coming out his mouth would equal a tropical cyclone.

Nakedape, I assume you are one of the people who jumped on board the climate change bandwagon, without informing themselves of the details. That's okay, you're not alone, in fact there are millions of people who you will find comfort with. I am not one of those who you suspect is too stupid to understand the regurgitated information that you can provide to me, however I can find said information myself quite easily by doing a google search on climate change, as that is probably all you have done to form your point of view (you may not have even gone to that much effort, perhaps you just listen to people spruking about it on commercial TV)

I'll happily go on record as saying coal mining is not great for the environment, and the burning of fossil fuels contributes to the climate to some degree, and we should take significant and reasonable steps to minimise our impact on the environment through efficient and sustainable design (after all, that IS what I do for a living so I had better believe in it), however;

We have been taking records on climate parameters for what, a couple of hundred years or so? We've had accurate methods of measuring and recording said records for maybe 50-100 years? The planet has been around for millions and millions of years, we are just a blip on the radar of time.

I think we should be focusing more on strategic planning of our built environment to reduce our reliance on mining, to reduce the destruction of valuable farmland and bushland to build, and also continue with our current advancements in building codes to ensure energy efficiency in construction.

Specifically, I believe we should be moving away from bulldozing hectares and hectares of bushland and prime farming land to build sprawling estates full of 4 bedroom, double garage houses filled with split system air conditioners, located outside major cities which means people have to commute in cars to the city. In the meantime, we are increasing our population, we are decreasing our available farmland to provide our food, reducing bushland for recreational spaces, native flora and fauna, and vegetation to absorb our carbon emissions. It is a rapid downward spiral in my opinion.

In my head, my plan condenses our urban populations by building vertically, and in conjunction, providing efficient mass transit systems that are laid out logically and effectively, and providing well equipped public recreation spaces amongst the vertical housing. Medium-to-high rise buildings would have minimum size restrictions so developers don't build ridiculously small apartments suitable only for asian uni students, so that families will actually be able to live in them.

The result (in my head) is that we reduce our horizontal footprint on the earth and live more efficiently - and when I say effiently I mean that in a much more thorough and holistic sense than simply buying a Toyota Prius and voting for the Greens party. This, in my opinion, is a far more important issue than what effect some carbon emissions do or do not have on our climate.

Alegedly Australia has the largest average housing size. Our houses are a bigger average m2 in the world

I'm with Wir3s, stack em in and stack em high. There is no reason why you can't build 10 or more 4 bed 2 baths on top of each other with parking underground.

The only thing i see stoping it is profit margins.

Latest posts

Back