Four weeks leave!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
:elefant:

Started 4 weeks leave today!

Heading for Bermagui on Wednesday for 2 weeks and then spending time doing things at home and plan to head bush for a couple of days in late Feb, or down Lakes way to do some kayaking.

Bloody fantastic!

:ha:

Nice.The christmas holiday mayhem will almost be over.
I had time off over christmas and the weather for the last week of it sucked.
Safe travels mate.

Onya ridgie! Just came back from a few days at lake tyers today, the east side, no one there. Couldn't believe it, awesome. Bermagui.. google mapping that one now!

Have fun mate.If you have a couple of spare days up your sleeve let me know and we can do some wheeling with an over nighter somewhere.I will get a double swag so we can have cuddles.:bootyshake: and :nono: dont tell me you are :closed: fo business.:haha:

Have fun mate.If you have a couple of spare days up your sleeve let me know and we can do some wheeling with an over nighter somewhere.I will get a double swag so we can have cuddles.:bootyshake: and :nono: dont tell me you are :closed: fo business.:haha:

You're scaring me big fella............I may never sleep again for fear of the Sandman coming.

Anyway.........Hawk won't share!

Change of plans.

How quickly things can change........

Meant to head off to Bermagui on Wednesday morning for 2 weeks. Friends are over from Adelaide to head up with us. Parents on their way to look after two of the dogs, Jet & Soda, so we only take 4 ridgies with us to do a few shows over one weekend.

Had 2 ridgies (Hawk & Tarra) booked in at the dog chiro, and the Jet the GWP who had pulled up a bit sore after a run in the bush - not putting weight on one leg when standing. No real drama - he's a tough bugger and after checking him for any obvious injuries I assumed he had damaged muscle or put something out.

7 days ago Jet was starting to look a bit sore and sorry - very nervous around the others and not running at all. Something was wrong so Trish took him to the vet and they could not locate anything and assumed the same as us and suggested our chiro was the best option. They gave him some pain relief for comfort.

Went to the chiro (who is a very good vet also). Straight away she found that his lymph nodes in his legs, groin, throat and cheeks were very swollen. Not good. She rang my usual vet and got me in to see someone to have biopsy's taken - strong suspision of Lymphoma (cancer). Kate did some minor chiro work just to see if there was an issue with his pelvis or spine but didn't want to go too far because some work was evidently painful.

He is clearly uncomfortable and appears to be getting worse so we put him back on the pain relief tonight. He is tender around the abdomen and is struggling to stand on his own.

Had the other dogs checked for chiro issues -all pretty good.

Got the test results back this evening and the comments are that the cells are not typical of Lymphoma - but they can't rule it out. Basically now on a forensic hunt to find the cause - which could be a number of things. Blood and urine being taken in the morning to check some of the possibilities, and then consider taking out a lymph node for testing.

The staff at the vet were fantastic - helped me put the two ridgies in the indoor stable where it was nice and cool so I didn't have to leave them in the Navara.

So the wife is off to Bermagui on Wednesday morning with the Adelaiders (although she has the strong guilts about going) and I will drive up when Jet's issues are sorted.

The waiting game continues.

My apologies for the long winded saga.

Last edited:
Yeah that sucks mate, let's hope for some positive results, then you can refocus on your romantic interlude with Scotty!
In all seriousness though mate, hope it's all good. Keep us posted.

Just got news from Darren

RIP Jet.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw[/YT]

No-one can explain the grief thats felt when you lose what we know as a pet. But they are family.
The above video seems corny until you are in the depths of that grief.
See ya soon Daz :cheers!:

Last edited:
All the best mate and like I said if you want someone to talk to give me a ring.
Try and have some fun and relax up NSW and catch some big fish and drink lots of bourban out of Jets pewter mug.
Cheers mate.

That's no good Darren mate. I lost my Staffy to cancer a few years ago, he was tough as nails too so he didn't tell us he was in pain till it was way too late. My sympathies mate.

Latest posts

Back