Lift essentials

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey guys, been reading a heap of threads on lifting d22s on here, from what I can make of it and majority of kits available rely on torsion bar winding to get front lift, thus loosing down travel, which I don't want to sacrifice,
Calmini upper control arms like snake racing has available look like the better option, does anyone have these? Was told they munch cvs?

I'm probably only going to get it to two inch up front if I get those, so to get my two in the back am I better of going with a set of leafs that have two inch extra or would a set of lift shackles and rising blocks be better? Snake has them avail too...

Lastly are the shocks what come with the kits actually longer? I no bigger shocks won't give you lift on there own but will the standard ones limit the amount of down travel/ lift available to me? I.e do I need new shocks as I have after market ones already but don't no what size they would be

I would like to lift my nav but am doing it for an improvement off road, a little more clearance and definatly don't want to be loosing large amounts of down travel

Thanks for help from anyone,
Mike

your going to loose downtravel any way you do it. With the Calmini arms you still wind up the torsion bars (its the only way to get lift). The new control arms are reshaped to allow a little more winding before hitting the bump stops. It also helps you stay within alignment limits. The higher you go the more the angle the CV is going to be at which in turn puts the CV more at risk of breaking. I personally think 2 inchs is enough to go most places off road, the Nav is never going to go where a modified GQ is going to go. Oh and depending where you live, more then 2" is illegal if that concerns you. Also extendend shackles are illegal in every state and new leaves are in my view the only way to go. If worried about lifting wheels because of lack of downtravel in a IFS ute fit a locker to the front and you'll keep moving forward anyway.

Thanks heaps all, yeah I no 2 inches is the legal limit so even with the calmini control arms I would only be winding it up to 2 inches, but was thinking because of the new shape, they can go to 3 inches so if I had then at 2 then I should have more space till I hit bumpstop than without them? Or is it nit worth this for the little gain?

I didn't no shackles were illegal, will definatly go for some new springs then, seems a better idea also just getting a new set of springs.

So if I got a new set of rear springs and wound the front up, would that mean I need new shocks or can the standard ones make do?

Thanks again for your reply

The only way to get 2" of lift & keep your down travel is to do a diff drop as well as the upper arms
You are limited by the CVs
Cheers

Cheers zordo, I had a look around for diff drop kits, have you got one? They seem hard to come buy, possibly make em yourself?
They look like their only spacers really, could be worth it to save cv life aswell?

Latest posts

Back