JackTheRippers ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
well i bought my Black 2006 Nissan Navara on 15th of january 2011 for $22,000 with 110,000kms.

all ready on it was 4 well worn Mickey Thomson MTZ's, Nissan Steel Winch bar, Lightforce 240Blitz's with blue lenses, 2"blocks in rear and standard torsion bars, TUNIT diesel performance chip, melted coffee lollies in top glove box :D

done so far:
pioneer head unit, pioneer front speakers, 4 brand new Mickey Thomson MTZ's and best worn MTZ as spare (265/75r16) and some seat covers for the front.

TO COME:
bash plates (~$400) high priority :D
bought efs torsion bars hopefully get them fitted soon
speakers for rear ($130)
snorkel ($350-$400)
Tough dog shockies ($720 front and rear)
efs 2" leaf springs ($400-$420)
greasable shackles and pins ($100)
Winch ($800-$1500
Tray(yet to be decided on ally or steely) ($1000ish?)
dual batteries (self job <$200
exhaust ($1000-$1200)
umm...
sliders :)D just a dream atm i think)
um...
can't think of anything else atm :D will update as i go, also might think of an order to put them in... bit different when you write it down and put prices on it...

pics of ride
got it home :D
2011-01-19181057.jpg

2011-01-19181038.jpg

Last edited:
First 4x4 trip up high country
jamieson hut
DSCF0198.jpg

crossing on McDonalds track
DSCF0155.jpg

Top of Nobs track
DSCF0145.jpg

more to come i hope.

very nice mate, i've got the same truck in Blue., goes like a dream, next you'll be putting a 2-3/4 straight through exhaust and some diff breathers. don't forget bash plates either, the nav's are pretty vunerable underneath.

lol... forgot to put the bash plates in my first post... will edit immediately as a high priority :)
and zorst is definitely something i'm interested in. power and mean sound haha.

although the performance chip is absolutely amazing if i do say so myself. definitely something to look into for anyone searching for a bit more... and worth it.

yeah, i'm going to get mine made up special, after looking underneath for a bit (i was spraying with fish oil) i've decided that a sump guard bashplate is needed, she's pretty exposed under there.

also after a VERY close call with a tree stump on my first outing in the Nav, t/case and g/box bash plate is very necessary.

bit of an update i spose.
been busy trying to get a little bit of sound happening :D

went out and got some sony explode componant speakers and put them in the front. speaker was a 6 1/2" speaker. fits fine for those who want to know.

put the pioneer speakers in the back where ashtray was. pain in the ass but worth it definately. wiring was there from door to B column. couldn't find it at the B column as it was actually inside the the body sort of thing...

end product is fantastic.

Tweeter
DSCF0205.jpg

Pioneer Speaker in rear
DSCF0199.jpg

head unit (btw is there anyway to fit the flashing that goes round the head unit??)
DSCF0202.jpg

pic of chip
DSCF0206.jpg

torsion bars go on tomorrow... wont tell you how much cause it is depressing me a little. prolly better to go a supply and fit for bars... :(

another update...
decided the other day to build a tray... so i'll give you all a bit of a sneak peak. apart from that. my efs rear springs arrived today as well as grease-able shackles.

2011-03-25161424.jpg

2011-03-24211322.jpg

2011-04-08181347.jpg

if anyone is interested i can write up a short step by step of what i have done regarding the tray... so far has cost me around $600 in steel alone and a lot of time.

best advice is to take your time though. get it right the first time so you don't have to re do it.

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

finished product on the tray.. installed a water tank underneath.
second battery will also be mounted under the tray.

hmm.. what to do next haha... thinking shocks.

put my rear leaf springs in too... 2"efs comfort springs. and greaseable shackles

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back