JackTheRippers ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
time for another update... (i've been busy)

installed my winch off my old maverick. winch is a warn tabor 9k. cheap winch but does the job, i actually acquired this winch for nothing otherwise i would opt for something a little better.
i burnt out the old solenoid that come with this winch so i bought a tigerz11 winch solenoid.
i then wired this solenoid to in cab switches as well as switches on the bull bar, also a isolation switch in cab.

i've also set up my dual batteries. battery is located underneath the tray and the redarc smart solenoid is under the bonnet. i ran 4gauge cable in the chassis rails from the main batt to aux batt. all works fine.

installing the winch i broke a globe in my 240blitz's so i decided to convert these to 100w HIDs. fantastic conversion well worth it.

i purchased a touchscreen monitor so decided to start on my sub box and carPC for behind the seat. purchased a cheap 350w kenwood amp, had a laptop lying around and dug deep for the sub itself.
sub is a pioneer 10" slim sub. good sub and very slim but still giving good sound. not much else is gonna fit behind the seat me thinks! :D

apart from all that i got some personalised plates :D

heres some pictures

watertank
DSCF0213.jpg

dual battery
DSCF0219.jpg

winch and plates
DSCF0247.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

sub amp and pc
DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

might try and get a bit of a picture of the difference between low beam, high beam and then HID but will see how i go...

hope ya like all the pics and stuff.

little update about recent events.

purchased a roof rack which i will pick up friday
purchased toughdog shockies
purchased snorkel

just hit me that this week i have speant around $1700 geez... i'm gonna be living off staples for a while. but worth it.

BIG BIG BIG SHOUTOUT TO dave and (nizzbits) for their help with my snorkel. thanks guys i really appreciate it.

um... what else...

my HID kit shit itself... :( noticed that one wasn't working the other day so pulled the reflector housing off. the thing that held the globe actually melted. :S took other reflector off and same thing allthough still working....

these were 100W HID's just wondering if this is just too high powered or something...
can't even take them back cause the people off ebay have dissapeared... so there goes another $200...

guess thats it for now.

thanks mate... can't wait to get the new gear for it... gonna be sweeeeet.
just gotta fit it all before the big trip.

Looking good Jack.

The modification bug has bitten hard, hapens to all of us.

Some just had multiple bites, ie Joshy.

yeah dave your right. bug has bitten deep this time... lol
had a bit of money lying around that needed to be spent couldn't think of a better place to put it :D

cheers scooba. i worked hard on it and took me a while but worth it in the end.

chucked my shocks in today. toughdog shocks. all went well. had to grind a bit in the front which i expected.
quick question (possibly stupid) is there and up and down for the back???
i had a think about it and i really don't think it would matter because the forces involved are going the same direction either way.

some pics
DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

very interesting difference in size of back shock haha.... bicycle shock?? :D

lol i love seeing the standard shocks compared to new ones, i laughed for like 30 mins when i did mine with ironman

Those factory KYB's are rubbish.

My rear's were !@#$%^ at 30,000km's.

I barely carry anything in the tray, just a few box's of cable.

well roof rack and snork are on... get a fair bit of noise out of the snorkel which i don't mind to much... allthough is quite loud.

rack makes a humming sound at around 80km/h is there a way to stop it??? fairly annoying...

um.. heres some pics.

DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0365.jpg

DSCF0367.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

done some more stuff to the ute over the last couple of weeks.
hi lift jack and shovel.
rear reverse light.
wired up a cigarette lighter plug at the back.
and a engel plug on the head board for the fridge.
and have finally made up the sides for my tray. just gotta get them painted quickly cause the trip up north is in 5 days haha...

DSCF0437.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0433.jpg

i'll grab some more pics when its painted.

Top work mate.

Love it, you have done a awesome job on this D22.

You might have even tempted some D40 drivers to upgrade to a D22.

looks tops mate. now you just gotta move the towbar up or get a DX style towbar.

neat work and love the roofrack setup. shall be something i am adding to mine but may go a alloy rack for less weight.

Good Stuff
Rusty

d40 drivers don't know what they are missing out on dave :p

rack was from MCC 4x4 accessories in thomastown. they look good i'm not really impressed with the bars that go across the roof and the way the rack is fixed to the bars but it seems to work ok so far. i'm all so dissapointed in the noise it makes... absolutely insane.... i though going from road tyres to muddies was insane... HOWEVER once the spare wheel is on top there is basically only a little bit of wind noise.
also i never played with the position of the rack which may have lessened the noise.

alloy rack would be a good idea though. as far as i have researched the top of the range bars can only carry up to 80kg and having a steel rack of approx 20-30kg that takes a bit of your weight limit allready.

anyway i'm pretty happy with my setup atm. think i'm gonna save up for my exhaust next. :D just gotta wait till i get back from the trip.

Latest posts

Back