SANOG - Sand Driving Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
OK

Sorry for the delay in arranging this anyway

Peake is not an option as they are permanently booked every weekend by 4WD clubs. I am assuming that getting together during the week is not viable.

However, Bushys at Tintinara is a goer!

I have now spoken at length to Bushy!!

He has a property several kms NE of Coonalpyn which is full of razorback sand dunes. They range from easy to hard. 15psi needed to get over them.

He has two camp sites depending on how many vehicles we have, both have a long drop and one has a shed in the event that we need some shelter.

So how does that sound?

Tintinara hey… I’m keen for a play in the sand. Have you been there before Gus? Will it be as good as Peake?

I take it we’re looking at the same dates 26 & 27th march for an over-nighter.

i found this in my googling and it has some pics of Bushys place down the page for those wanting a visual.

http://www.hr4wdclubsa.org.au/Images_etc/Trip Report - Bushys.pdf

looks like a fun spot. i'm keen.

sounds good. could only go for the day on the 26th as have other commitments on sunday, the following w/end is all good however. but open to options, venue looks the goods. have heard about bushys before. thanks bosshog for your efforts.

Tintinara hey… I’m keen for a play in the sand. Have you been there before Gus? Will it be as good as Peake?

I take it we’re looking at the same dates 26 & 27th march for an over-nighter.

i found this in my googling and it has some pics of Bushys place down the page for those wanting a visual.

http://www.hr4wdclubsa.org.au/Images_etc/Trip Report - Bushys.pdf

looks like a fun spot. i'm keen.

I have not been there and looking at the great pics you found I don't think the dunes will be as hard as Peake. But that all good.

As for dates, give me another 24 hours to work on them.

I would have loved to come but am booked up until May now with various things. Maybe next time.

Is there any updates to this yet Gus? My weekends are going to start filling up as my Mrs is pregnant (News is out), so i will be a bit touch and go for the next... who knows how long. It would be good to get another trip under the belt before it's all bottles and dummies. Happy to help where i can.

Bosshog said:
Will

I have too much going on at the moment. What about in April?

Thought you must have been busy, not sure if I'll still be able to get an overnight leave pass now due to using the weekends for preparing the house with painting etc. Still hopeful but can't guarantee till we pick a date. Like everyone I guess.

^^^^ that weekend is good for me.
gus, i can offer help if you want, i'm prob not as busy as you mate, so if you need anything done dont be afraid to ask.
i reckon once we get a few trips under our collective belts, these trips will be easy to get sorted, just look at the vic crew, gee if they can get things organised then us croweaters should do it easy, hahahaha

gus, i can offer help if you want, i'm prob not as busy as you mate, so if you need anything done dont be afraid to ask.
i reckon once we get a few trips under our collective belts, these trips will be easy to get sorted, just look at the vic crew, gee if they can get things organised then us croweaters should do it easy, hahahaha

Agreed once we get one away it will be easier.

I laugh at the jest you made at the expense of us VNOGGERS, but there is truth in what you say ....

Once people have started to meet each other on such events, there becomes a natural growth with the group as other locals see how much fun your having. Especially when someone with a 'high' profile in the group gets stuck and needs recovery by one of the other blokes.

AND THEN U NEED TO WRITE UP A REPORT and tell the rest of us what happend. (so we can laugh too)

I wish this trip was a bit closer to home for me ... i'd love to come along on the 'sand' weekend. I guess i'll just have to wait for the VNOG Border Track trip, and hope to meet some of you blokes coming from the west as well.

OK fellow Sanogers we really do need to try and arrange another get together. I am still keen for an overnighter to Tintinara if we can muster a few utes.

Is anyone else still keen?

If it coincides with a weekend I am free I am in. Probably wont be able to do overnight but can always try.

Hi guys.... sorry would not be able to make june here either sorry to say.. well pretty much no weekend available for me untill August... MRS Mac_factor will get upset if i don't take her away.. hehe... but in honesty have a great trip and i hope its a ripper trip and maybe one of these i will get to meet a few of you for a tin or two!!!!
Cheers guys
Macca

Latest posts

Back