Petes D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thought it was about time to post some pics of my recent purchase. Its a 2006 D22, 80,000 Km's, was serviced every 5000k's. Got it for $24000 grand from a local bloke. Came with 265/75 bighorns.

Spent the other weekend cleaning and polishing her up.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Got a few things i plan on changing in the next few months, but overall, pretty happy with my purchase.

Looks good Pete.

Budget for some shocks to as the factory ones are shit and are probably rooted by now.

Installed the uhf this weekend. Went with the Uniden UH7760NB radio as it was small and i could hide it under the dash. It also has the dual speakers, in the unit and in the handpiece.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

As you can see in the photos. It fitted under the steering column nicely. I ran the extension cord to the little grill section. Sercured it from behind with a little bracket i made and cut the grill to suit the plug. Turned out pretty neat in the end.

Next on the list is a headunit and speakers & shocks.

Pete

Last edited:
Looks good mate.What else you plan on doing to it

Hey mate, nothing to major. On the to do list sofar is turbo timer, catch can, egr mod, headunit/speakers, shocks, bash plates, snokel, all the common stuff. Then later down the track will put an exhaust on, maybe chip it. Just add things here or there as i need.

Pete

Last edited:
I like the way you mounted the mic cable to the dash.

My mic goes in through under the ashtray, in the dash, round the gearbox to the main unit mounted under the seat. Was a bit of a bodge cable job :)

Pete - she's looking good. Talk to the lads at Jones Motors - they'll have you looking at mods!!

Hope we can catch up soon - you could learn a bit from my mistakes.

Cheers!

I like the way you mounted the mic cable to the dash.

My mic goes in through under the ashtray, in the dash, round the gearbox to the main unit mounted under the seat. Was a bit of a bodge cable job :)

Thanks mate. Was going to mount under the seat like you did if i couldnt find room behind the dash.

Pete - she's looking good. Talk to the lads at Jones Motors - they'll have you looking at mods!!

Hope we can catch up soon - you could learn a bit from my mistakes.

Cheers!

Hey Ridgie,
Funny you should say that, after my first service they gave me a ARB accessories book & price list. :big_smile:

Got the Bilsteins on. Done wonders for my neck compared to the stuffed standard ones.lol. Got nothing to compare them to for comfort wise, also being my first 4wd so its hard to give a good viewpoint. Probably say they are a little firmer shock but im happy with them sofar.

Always keen to learn from other peoples mistakes mate :big_smile:

How was the trip up blue rag?

They are probably firmer because they are working!

Blue rag was a treat - the views are magnificent. Camping at Mayfords was awesome - large sites on the river - a great place to camp.

lol, yeah at the moment it is. I gave it a clean after the last service.

Yeah thats what the bloke at Enzed said it was, said it will be fine. Its a lot more heavy duty stuff compared to the standard hose. Would prefer to use litter stuff but i couldn't find it anywhere.

Prick of a size the 5/8" hose. Looking at the standard hose after i installed it all, i reckon its an odd size, more like 14mm ID. 5/8" works, but it is a tad too big.

Latest posts

Back