Petes D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beaudesert exhaust turned up this arvo. Ordered on Monday so i got their special price before they go up again and it turned up today, not bad.

My Hella 4000's, wiring loom, look nuts and covers also turned up this week from America. Get them installed tomorrow and have the exhaust installed this week coming.

Looking forward to seeing how the exhaust goes. Credit to Beaudesert for not only fast shipping, but really well packaged also. Cant wait

Possibly look at some new springs etc this week also. I read someones post about not taking too long to do your mods, otherwise you wont get to enjoy them as much if you decide to sell. Took that advice and splashing out a bit..lol

Pete

I know what Pete is doing today.

Decided to get off my arse and put that GU alternator in today. 90 amp.

I know, I can hear a few saying finally.

Well got the lights on.

The Hella Harness worked ok. I added loom tube, replaced the huge switch with a standard Nissan fog light switch (thanks once again Gary, Nizzbits), cut all the wire to the right length and re-soldered all the bits. The length of wire they provide was way to long for what i needed

The lights fit great apart from the connection on the back of them is quite long, so it bends the wires at an angle on the grill. Cant do much about this apart from drill/cut a new hole in the bottom of the grill. See how it goes over a few weeks.

Bought all the lights, lock nuts, covers and loom from;
Products -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated

Great service and saved me quite a bit of money.

Havent had a chance to test the lights properly yet, will so tomorrow night. Exhaust goes on this Thursday.

Pete

Attachments

• DSC01731.jpg
    DSC01731.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01733.jpg
    DSC01733.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 82
Nice, I am glad I am not the only fussy one when it came to the fog light switch.

Sussed out a lift tonight from a local bloke. I want comfort and flex so he suggested just adding a leaf and resetting the leaf pack. Changed what i was thinking all together. Got some thinking to do now.

Once lifted im thinking of changing the rims too..lol Get some 16x8 P20 on her. Want more of the dished look. Having a look into Procomp rock crawler 52's. Going by their website they do them in 16x8 with a P19 offset. Found them for 80 bucks each from the States, might suss out what they can do with postage. Got a quote of 180 each here...

Last edited:
I have the same lights and the plugsin the back of the lights didnt sit real well against the grill mounted on the alloy bar. Now i have the nissan steel bar i had to drill new holes in the bar to mount the lights so the plugs in the back of the lights didnt hit the grill. No problems whats 2 extra holes. I think you will be happy with the light output of the hellas, The only people who dont like mine are the people i leave them on for coming the other way :sarcastic: Dont know who put the switch in my nav but its a nice little switch sitting next to heat switch

I have the same lights and the plugsin the back of the lights didnt sit real well against the grill mounted on the alloy bar. Now i have the nissan steel bar i had to drill new holes in the bar to mount the lights so the plugs in the back of the lights didnt hit the grill. No problems whats 2 extra holes. I think you will be happy with the light output of the hellas, The only people who dont like mine are the people i leave them on for coming the other way :sarcastic: Dont know who put the switch in my nav but its a nice little switch sitting next to heat switch

Cheers mate.

Bit of a prick the plug sticks so far out, oh well. Im sure they will be bright enough for my needs. Ended up buying the Euro Beam and Cornering beam. I mainly want them for tighter bush driving rather than open road stuff. Sounds like your switch is much like ours too.

Pete

. Ended up buying the Euro Beam and Cornering beam. I mainly want them for tighter bush driving rather than open road stuff.

Mine were on the nav when i got it, Open road there great, But for bush driving sounds like your set up is the way to go. Or i could buy the wife a led light bar for her birthday.

Mine were on the nav when i got it, Open road there great, But for bush driving sounds like your set up is the way to go. Or i could buy the wife a led light bar for her birthday.

Haha, you sound like me. Try to buy myself stuff for the mrs birthday/christmas all the time.

No HID yet Dave, one week when i get bored maybe. lol

Well got the exhaust installed today. Couldn't be happier with the Beaudesert system so far. About to go give it a good test, but around town i have already noticed the flat spot has gone. Its made the Nav feel a lot better driving around town. I used to get a flat spot when driving slow going from 1st to 2nd around town, not now. Looking forward to giving some long highway hills a go, should be good now.

The exhaust fit great. Clearances everywhere are good and the bloke who fit it had no problems with removing the studs. I soaked them for about 3 weeks most days with penetrating spray. The only mod to fit was timing the heat cover to suit as you can see in the pic.

Sound wise, a little deeper tone. I got it with the muffler as i wasn't concerned with note, more with performance. Slightly more whistle as well.

Overall couldn't be happier with the system though.

Attachments

• DSC01734.jpg
    DSC01734.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC01738.jpg
    DSC01738.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC01740.jpg
    DSC01740.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC01735.JPG
    DSC01735.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
must be a new thing,i don't have that logo on mine. looks good Pete

Well got ride of the 16x7's today and replace them with 16x8 King wheels. Now i had the lift done i new they would fit.

Wanted 16x8 Dynamic D shaped wheels but got stuffed around by Dynamic wheels. Was then going to order a custom set of Procomp Rock Crawler steel rims, but i was expecting a long wait if they even wanted to make them, so just went with the reliable King Rims.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 130
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 93
Next Mod hopefully this weekend. Rear step will be removed and just replaced with the DX rear tub panel, the one the number plate attaches to. Just have to work out the number plate lights what im going to do.

Any guys with DX navaras care to post a photo of their number plat lights id appreciate it. Tried searching for photos but can find much.

Cheers Pete

Hey Pete, Great to finally catch up yesterday. Very happy to get the 16x7 wheels from you. Your Nav looks very schmick. Nice ride height also. I forgot to ask how the suspension set up is working out - and will be interested how it all performs for you on the weekend. Nice note from the exhaust also. Bugger......should have had a look at your catch can - next time.

Hey Pete, Great to finally catch up yesterday. Very happy to get the 16x7 wheels from you. Your Nav looks very schmick. Nice ride height also. I forgot to ask how the suspension set up is working out - and will be interested how it all performs for you on the weekend. Nice note from the exhaust also. Bugger......should have had a look at your catch can - next time.

Hey mate, was good having a chat. Thanks for that, pretty happy with how its sitting at the moment. Like you said, will give the suspension a good test this weekend. The only concern is loosing that down travel, but see how its goes. Can always replace the Upper control arms like yourself.

Im always over in moe or traf, either seeing friends or family, so if you ever want to check out the catch can or anything else just send me a message.

Have to arrange a trip sometime. Been talking to another member of the forum who i re-connected with through here. He would be keen also.

Pete

Installed my new Calmini UCA's, draglink and snake racing heavy duty idler arm this weekend. New torsion bars and then wheel alignment tomorrow. Hopefully they get it all in alignment ok, its a mile out at the moment.

UCA's went in fine. The bolts and spring washers they supply are crap.

The standard draglink was flogged out, idler arm wasnt to bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Back