Petes D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good pete. How much difference is there in the snake drag link and idler arm compared to standard. Is the drag link bigger. Did you put an idler arm brace on it. Brace will stop a lot of movement in your front end

Looks good pete. How much difference is there in the snake drag link and idler arm compared to standard. Is the drag link bigger. Did you put an idler arm brace on it. Brace will stop a lot of movement in your front end

Hey mate. I ended up just using the standard draglink from superior engineering. Bit over 100 bucks i think it was. Snake racing told me theres looks exactly the same as a standard one so that turned me off for the price.

Calcal went with the snake draglink however. He said its a little more beefy. But if the connections are the same design, it wont be much better as thats where mine was flogged out. Maybe try to get him to post up some photos.

The idler arm was from snake. I went with the heavy duty one with the brace already on it. It has a greasable zerk fitting and a bigger centre bolt by the looks. You can see it in the first picture i posted. If you want some more pics of it, ill post them up tomorrow night. You can just make out the zerk fitting in the photo. Shes a bit dark.

Pete

Got my torsions installed today, only to get home and find the adjusting cam/arm whatever it is called hangs way below the crossmember. Should have installed them myself like all the other gear on the weekend. Now to get it back to them to fix!

To fix it there is 2 options, wind it all the way up, or remove them and re index them on the torsion bar, the 2nd option will mean you will have to remove them and re do it again if you ever want to wind them up in the future.

To fix it there is 2 options, wind it all the way up, or remove them and re index them on the torsion bar, the 2nd option will mean you will have to remove them and re do it again if you ever want to wind them up in the future.

ill have to re index them i think. If i wind them all the way up into the cross member, it will raise the front to much now and will be on the bump stops, or close to it. Pain in the ass but i might just take it back and get them to fix it. I paid for them to do it so they can fix it.

Or have i got it backwards? if i wind them up will it lower the front? lol

HD tie rod adjusters installed today. Also work light. Getting the roll bar off with the tub liner was a pain in the ass. Lucky i have small arms.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back