Genuine Nissan D21 Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dion

Reaction score
I have second hand front quarter panels, and the left hand one has a rectangular hole patched badly with fibreglass on the top face right next to the bonnet, about halfway along the panel. All the aftermarket snorkels I've seen have a circular profile where they penetrate the panel and penetrate just above the bulge for the wheel arch.

Does anybody know anything about or have a picture of the genuine Nissan snorkel, or indeed if there was one for the D21? I'd rather fit a snorkel that will fill the hole than weld a patch into the hole.

Sort of like a nostril?

Given that the hole has the same cross sectional area as a two inch pipe, I think it definitely must have been for a snorkel at some stage. My present thinking is to manufacture one from tubular steel and galvanise it. Total weight, 5kgs. Gather ye round and make mirth.

I have second hand front quarter panels, and the left hand one has a rectangular hole patched badly with fibreglass on the top face right next to the bonnet, about halfway along the panel. All the aftermarket snorkels I've seen have a circular profile where they penetrate the panel and penetrate just above the bulge for the wheel arch.

Does anybody know anything about or have a picture of the genuine Nissan snorkel, or indeed if there was one for the D21? I'd rather fit a snorkel that will fill the hole than weld a patch into the hole.

How big is the hole? Sounds like an antenna hole to me. Early ones were on the LH guard and later ones on the RH from memory.

~60mmx35mm? I'd have thought too big? And roughly in the middle of the guard longitudinally. Weird?

~60mmx35mm? I'd have thought too big? And roughly in the middle of the guard longitudinally. Weird?

Yep early ones were half way down the guard and went straight up with a rectangular base. Later ones on the RH closer to the cabin and went up on an angle matching the pillar.
I may be wrong but sounds like someone had early ones and patched them up to go on a late one.

Right! Well, guess I'll be welding a filler piece in the hole and buying a normal snorkel then. Thanks mate!

Like this?
03082009.jpg

Thanks Pinelli. Further along, almost in the middle of the panel...

I'll post a picture on Saturday, away for work this week.

Hmmmm,,ok my mistake. I thought the antenna was further along the guard.
My other guess was it was from another country like the sheep shaggers, Thailand, Japan or similar that have the wing mirrors half way along the guards???

Thanks for the help Jason. That's the snorkel I'll probably buy if I do buy one, but the hole for it would be on the top of the flare, rather than the top face of the guard. Anybody know how to write "Terrano snorkel" in Japanese?

BADA BING BADA BOOM!

Thanks eBay!

navsnorkel.png

Found visual evidence. Now where on earth is that snorkel from??

I'm making my own from 3" tube. Does anyone have a photo how they run up the windscreen pillar

Latest posts

Back