So you bought a 3.0L Nissan Snorkel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You dickhead.

So you went out and bought yourself a genuine Nissan 3.0L snorkel because you have a ZD30 so OF COURSE you need the 3.0L one. And then you did your research AFTER your purchase and discovered that YOU WERE WRONG.

You were wrong because of this little fella:

29556316.jpg

That is a pre-cleaner. I stole the image from google images and zoomed right in cause that's just the kind of person I am.

The Nissan 2.5L snorkel has a bypass for this. So you probably shoulda bought that one. But you didn't. We're going in circles here.

"But wait!", you say, "...can't I just buy the bit of pipe from the 2.5L kit to get around that?".

NO. WRONG AGAIN. This just isn't your day, is it?

This is because it's all about holes. Two holes in particular. The 2.5L snorkel comes through the inner guard hole closer to the headlight, whereas the 3.0L snorkel pokes it head through the other one. Isn't that a pain in the ass?

ACTUALLY, NOT REALLY.

There's a guy on ebay called justimportparts who sells a bypass intake for us 3.0L snorkel'ers. Check out his items for sale. If you're reading this in the future on your iPad 37, then just ask your robot servant to google that shit. It looks like this:

91467105.jpg

Sick.

It comes with instructions. Here's a three step overview:

1. Remove the pre-cleaner and dispose of it thoughtfully.

img1219f.jpg

2. Smoko.

smoko611.jpg

3. Install the new pipe.

Goddammit it's that easy. So now you have removed the pre-cleaner and given yourself more sucking action and space for whatever you want. Just what you needed.

EDIT: at the time of writing this, justimportparts has none of these for sale.

or buy a complete snorkel from tigerz11 for $68 that has that same part included in the kit.

or if you do the 80 series airbox mod you wont need this part

What does the pre filter do?

By removing it and fitting this bypass part, does it make the factory snorkel setup anymore water tight?

i just fitted a tiggerz 11 snorkel. they only thing i say is just doudle check a triple check with the template and the snorkel to see if it lines up good b4 drilling holes. yes u do get a lot of turbo noise. u can only here it wen the window is down and yes they do come with the bypass pipe.
from when i pulled my prefilter out im pritty sure its not water proof anyway .

ppl with snorkels already installed do use get a lot of intuction noise when driving?? like a BBOOOOOOOOO type noise? even with the windows up i can here it

i was always wondering about where a little bit of water that getts into the snorkel either by washing ur car (acidental), rain at 100ks, or even going through a big puddle wen the water splashs over the bonnet.
do the brand name snorkels have anything in them to stop that??

Ahh, I see you had a few beers on smoko and then decided to write this up hey?

Mine has a little dust cover thing (a rubber triange) at the bottom for the water to drain out if any gets in there.. it runs out of the air box before it goes through the filter.

could someone with a 3.0L and snorkel explain what alterations need to be done to fit this?

wat type have u got? with mine from tiggerz 11 you had to take the pre filter out and there in to holes in the inner gaurd that the pipe gose into the engine bay. i cut the 2 holes to make one coz i couldnt get the pre filter bypass pipe in but thats al

its the genuine nissan snorkel. it seems as though i have to cut the bypass by about 2 inches to get it to line up with the snorkel hole and the air filter

Latest posts

Back