So you bought a 3.0L Nissan Snorkel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ye i dont no. havnt had a look at there set up would think they would be the same anyway but ye im not sure. good luck with it

its the genuine nissan snorkel. it seems as though i have to cut the bypass by about 2 inches to get it to line up with the snorkel hole and the air filter

hey mate, not quite sure what youre talking about.

on the 3.0ltr diesel d22 this prefilter bypass should pretty much fit straight up to the air filter box and to where the snorkel comes in through the guard.

as i dont have one of these i dont know how it joins the snorkel, weather it slips inside or over and then is clamped or if a 3" or 80mm silicon joiner is needed to clamp on to the snorkel end and the bypass end.

its possible you might need to cut a bit off the bypass if its too long.

Just finished my install only thing im unhappy with is no option to catch water before the main filter. Induction noise is very loud will post pics if people want?

Just finished my install only thing im unhappy with is no option to catch water before the main filter. Induction noise is very loud will post pics if people want?

may aswell post up a pic.

funny about the induction noise.
mines quite loud, became noticeably louder when i fitted the intercooler and then bit louder again with the 3in exhaust. but i don't think it made any extra difference when i fitted the 80series airbox.

thanks all. got onto it on the weekend. very happy with the results. not very happy to find that nissan didnt seal my snorkel joins from the beginning.

Proberly a similar induction noise to mine, loud and whistles like crazy. Especially when the passenger window is down.
T54

image-3.jpg

Hi guys I realise its an old thread but I'm wondering if the by pass intake pipe you are talking about could be used to modify a genuine Nissan snorkel off an 06 3 ltr into an 08 model or is the inner guard pipe in a different position .

Snorkel for a d22 zd30

So would the best snorkel to fit to 2006 d22zd30 would be a tigerz11snorkel from a 2.5 l

i got tiggerz 11 and i just asked for 06 d22 and the one i got sent was fine.

Don't think tigerz11 sell d22 snorkel kits, spewing I mainly wanted the intake pipe

yes they do. i have one u got to ring and order one.
u can find that bypass on eday. some one has already sed that in a privious quote in this post. they have also given the sellers name

hey guys.....im am the manufacturer and designer of this pipe for nav owners.....very glad to see so many positive comments....makes it all worth while!

Bypassing the precleaner is definitely a worthwhile mod imo, got rid of alot of low end lag, feels much more lively now.

Are they hard to install yourself or is it best to get someone to fit it for you? and roughly how much to get 1 fitted? also until i get my snorkel do you guys think it safe just to remove the pre cleaner anyway?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back