coil strut spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
had my nav on the beach this weekend for the first time and she went great , but could do with a bit more lift ,

has anyone used the snake racing spacers and shackles as this looks like a cheap option ,the car is new and im only doing beach work in it and using it for work no rock climbing or anything hardcore,

are they a good product ,

hey tizz007, i just recently put a set of snake racing spacers in the front of mine, you cant go wrong! bought them off the net and fitted myself. there are a few diffrent size spacers u can get. i got the 50mm lift (wich are a 35mm spacer), which overall prob lifted the nav around 75mm. i then just made my own shackle hangers for the rear out 50 x 12mm thick flatbar and pressed them up at work. welded a block inbetween and presto.

hey tizz007, i just recently put a set of snake racing spacers in the front of mine, you cant go wrong! bought them off the net and fitted myself. there are a few diffrent size spacers u can get. i got the 50mm lift (wich are a 35mm spacer), which overall prob lifted the nav around 75mm. i then just made my own shackle hangers for the rear out 50 x 12mm thick flatbar and pressed them up at work. welded a block inbetween and presto.

did you have any problems with the wheel alinement. and how doe it go off road do you have any pics before and after . cheers

havent got a wheel alignment, and wont till i get new tyres. the spacer sits between the shockie and the tower so doesnt really effect the angles. also good as our new workshop manager used to own a tyre and mechanical place, he said all is fine. another work mate has also fitted them to his 06 nav. the biggest thing to watch apparently are brake lines and abs sensors, although has not effected mine at all. theonly thing im going to do and recommend is lowering ur load sensing valve and fitting some desent shockies as the standards are like the spring out of a clicking biro pen

Installing lift blocks will throw your camber angles out .On most of the ST-X Spanish built trucks there is no camber adjustment so your going to need more gear after the lift.On the Thai built trucks you should have camber adjustment so you should be able to bring camber back into spec

I'm thinking of these spacers as well. Seem pretty expensive for what they are though. From what I understood, these spacers shouldn't bother your wheel alignment at all as all the steering 'stuff' is under the lifted part???

They do alter your wheel alignment as when the suspension drops, the wheels lean away from the vehicle at the top, meaning they then run on the outside edges of the tyres more.

Thats as well as I can describe it

Absolutely need to do a wheel alignment, even adding a bullbar with throw out your wheel alignment.

At around $50 it's hardly a concern and should be done at least once a year anyway.

Last edited:
Absolutely need to do a wheel alignment, even adding a bullbar with throw out your wheel alignment.

At around $50 it's hardly a concern and should be done at least once a year anyway.

Yep, good advice right there. I'm wondering if there is anyone on the forums here who could knock up a few of these spacers?? They don't look like rocket science to make?

I have Snake Racing spacers in the front of my D40. Started out at 35 mm but ended up machining them down to 25mm. Seems to work OK with my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 149
Yep, good advice right there. I'm wondering if there is anyone on the forums here who could knock up a few of these spacers?? They don't look like rocket science to make?

Yep, I can if there is enough interest, say a minimum of 5 sets. No fancy anodizing though just machined aluminium.

A friend of mine in the US sent them to me along with some other bits years ago .I went with PRG coilovers rather than the spacers as then it was a cheaper option to get new rebuildable struts built for my 4x2 than go with local gear at the same price that was all designed for the heavier 4x4.
The threads for the studs were damaged but I did figure out a solution to that

Last edited:
I have Snake Racing spacers in the front of my D40. Started out at 35 mm but ended up machining them down to 25mm. Seems to work OK with my setup.

Pete22 - Have you got these spacers (25mm) installed ontop of a 2inch lift?
How much did the 25mm spacer lift the truck? - thinking thats the max I should go in addition to my 2inch lift....Have you installed bump stops on your UCAs?
Cheers

a few dimensions we worked out a few years ago

1 3/4" Spacer = 3" lift
1 1/2" Spacer = 2 1/2" Lift
1 1/4" Spacer = 2" Lift
1" Spacer = 1 1/2" Lift
3/4" Spacer = 1" Lift

Now these figures are appromatates we worked out by measuring the various US manufacturers spacers and then converting from imperial back to metric.

42mm Spacer = 75mm Lift
36mm Spacer = 62mm Lift
32mm Spacer = 50mm Lift
25mm Spacer = 37mm Lift
18mm Spacer = 25mm Lift

Last edited:
I've just taken my Tough Dog 40mm lift kit off my Nav and it had marks on the Coil Hat from the UCA's clobbering into it at some point (airborne at Stockton would be a fair guess), i'd be wary of going too high with these trucks, have a gander at the other threads in this section as I think you'll be needing UCA's

finally got the wheel alignment done, and suprisingly wasnt to bad! couldnt tell as tyres were already worn, hence not getting the wheel alignment straight away, snake racing ones are pretty easy to fit

Latest posts

Back