coil strut spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had my spacers fitted, and had the alinement done , camber was way off but all good now

ay been thinking about spacers for a while now and im only new to modifying my car what would be better a 2 inch lift kit with a 1 inch spacer or just get big spacers any help plz

ay been thinking about spacers for a while now and im only new to modifying my car what would be better a 2 inch lift kit with a 1 inch spacer or just get big spacers any help plz

i think its better if you can afford it, to do a 2inch lift rather then spacers.

with the lift kit you will get more travel in the way of the bigger springs,coils and long travel shocks.

the thing you have to watch out for when going over 2inch lift is that you will get upper control arm smack, this is where the uca hits the top of the coil housing.
to fix that prob you have to spend more cash on after market uca's (like total chaos make) or with extended ball joints from ULTIMATE SUSPENSION.

as for the rear im not a fan of the stock springs, so if you are the same as me, blocks wont solve that prob. if you are going to buy new springs why not get them with the extra lift.

ah thanks nathand22 tanks for the info how did u find the 2 inch lift goes and what do u know about ironman lift kits?

ah thanks nathand22 tanks for the info how did u find the 2 inch lift goes and what do u know about ironman lift kits?

the lift has made a big difference, both on and off the road. the ride is better and more predictable in the corners. off road the extra clearance and more travel has made it a better 4x4 in my opinion.

i personally dont know to much about ironman kits. i am sure i have seen a few people on here that run ironman stuff, they will be able to tell you more then i can.
i had ULTIMATE SUSPENSION do mine as i said i am very happy with it.

I got a 40mm ironman lift out of a suspension place in newcastle for $899. It gave me 2 inches of lift in the front and 3 inches in the back. Bout to put 35mm coil spaces in the front and extended shackles in the rear. Does anyone know if I will need extended brake lines in the rear? Twon the ironman lift kit rides great I got the performance springs

I got a 40mm ironman lift out of a suspension place in newcastle for $899. It gave me 2 inches of lift in the front and 3 inches in the back. Bout to put 35mm coil spaces in the front and extended shackles in the rear. Does anyone know if I will need extended brake lines in the rear? Twon the ironman lift kit rides great I got the performance springs

i think you may be able to get away with re routing them a little, but its probably better to put some braided extensions on.

as for the front you will need to do something with your upper control arms. like i said earlier in this thread they will hit the shock tower for sure. total chaos and PRG in the states make good upper control arms. or you could try extended ball joints.

check out this thread you will see some uca's that aussie frontier has from PRG http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/9655-navara-d40-4x4-3-prg-suspension-lift.html

thanks for the info nathand22, yeah kind of figured id need the upper control arms from reading a few threads about other guys doing it to their D40's. Just no one has mentioned having to change their rear brake lines after doing 2inch springs and 2 inch shackles in the back

thanks for the info nathand22, yeah kind of figured id need the upper control arms from reading a few threads about other guys doing it to their D40's. Just no one has mentioned having to change their rear brake lines after doing 2inch springs and 2 inch shackles in the back

you can test it after you put the shackles in by jacking up one side of the diff until the opposite wheel starts to lift off the ground, watch the brake line the whole way so you can tell if it is going to be to short. if it is you will be able to drive it under normal conditions until you get the extensions.
you could also send zordo a pm, he will know for sure.

ah thanks nathand22 and herb89 just a few more questions have u had any sag in the front and where did u get the lift cause i live in newy

ah thanks nathand22 and herb89 just a few more questions have u had any sag in the front and where did u get the lift cause i live in newy

i didnt have any sag in the front with the stock suspension, but i had my lift done when the ute had less then 800km on the clock and didn't have the winch fitted. so i would not have expected it to being so new.
the new suspension took about 1000km to settle, which was less then 10mm. i was told that it would drop about that amount when it was fitted , so i was expecting it to do that especially with the weight of the bar + winch. since then it hasn't moved at all
my lift was done at ingleburn in the campbelltown area by ULTIMATE SUSPENSION total cost was $2070 springs, coils, rebuild-able shocks, greaseable shackles, all the hardware, fitting and wheel alignment, here is a link to them so you can check it out http://www.navara.asia/advertising/3346-ultimate-suspension.html

Latest posts

Back