Last run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

Reaction score
A mate just did a weekend run up the sandy straights to a spot we discovered has alot of these bad boys... this is probably the last trip for this season as it has cooled down alot. Cant wait for the season to start again!

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 107
Unreal eating.. My wife is sick of them but I love them. Sushi...Singapore crab... Chilli crab... The list goes on. All these guys have been full of meat too, they cost a fortune in the shop. I think around $50 a kilo.

Never seen them for sale in melbourne,i'll keep a eye out though to give them a try.
Nice work.

Nice catch!

They are fantastic eating, either just boiled in salt water or steamed in peanut oil and chilli.....Yum!

I have caught them year round in bris here, I will have my little car topper tinny finished in the next week or 2 so will be back out putting pots in for them soon.

They are some good quality ones there though!

Mmm steamed in peanut oil and chilli sounds interesting. I'm sure we could get them all year round but it's a 3 hr drive to get there. we have been using chicken frames, I was told the bucks hate something in the chicken and get all territorial and try to chase it out. We have been getting an average of 5 of these bucks in each pot. Maybe we need a boys fishing 4wd trip up there....there are some cracking fishing spots up there to...some big GT'S

wheres the bloody salmon?
went to gunnamatta beach on sunday,only managed 2 keepers..
there would have been about 50 guys fishing and what i could see,they got jack shit...

they are like tailor,but no teeth..
you have to bleed them rightaway,but they taste good when you cook them in foil with tomatos,onion,with some butter,salt and pepper..
or i sometimes smoke them...no not like a joint...but in a smoker..

Latest posts

Back