xrox winch bar : Hit or Sh*t?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOSH

Reaction score
I am really looking at an xrox winch bar and unfortunately dont have a dealer near by so am unable so have a look before purchasing. I have seen many photos of them and have 3 main concerns. 1. Does the bar do away with all of the original bar as i have an rx dont want any of the plastic bar remaining as it will just look stupid. 2. Will it suit or is it possible to make it fit a vehicle with a 50mm bodylift? 3. Those side wings do they actually provide any protection or are they just going to fold into our wheel arch as soon as you tap a daisy on your way by.

Thanks very much in advance

Tosh

iv had a look at one on a mates car and i presonally wouldnt buy one.

1. no you will some original bar left as it wraps up around your headlights

2. you can buy brackets for the xrox bar that will lift it to suit a 50mm bodylift

3. those side wings are pretty weak, if you put a bit of weight on them they flex so yea if you hit a daisy it will fold in and do some damage but im pretty sure they had to do with to comply with adr reg's.

my opinion either just get a arb bar or if its that style you are looking for scotty bobcat is going to be building tube bars similar to the xrox that will be allot stronger and will suit both standard and 50mm body lift. thats if you dont mind the legalities of having a bar that isnt adr

Is there a thread i can search about scottybobcats bars? Has anyone else had a custom tube bar made by anyone else?

Tosh. I would hold out for scotty bobcats bar or even look at the arb or tjm bars for ur model. As onlock said the xrox bars are weak and will fold even if u hit a possum :)

The side rails or tube on the bar ends are pretty weak.Xrox build them like this so they do bend and you can buy a replacement bar end as they bolt on.I dont think it has anything to do with ADR design as the crush point is in the bar irons.If you look at the bar irons they have a V shaped fold in them and this is the part that will fold in the event of a colision.I reckin it is a load of shit as I have spoken to people that have had hard hits in the front with and without bullbars and the airbags havn't gone off,but I don't make the laws.

A good way to get repeat customers by the sounds. Any info on your bars scottty and howfar away they will be?

i thought they were pretty good aswell untill i seen one in person and tested its flex

I think they look good,they are a bit lighter than the big name bars as well which will put less stress on the navara front suspension and driveline,which is piss weak.(all models)
I guess those side bars are the issue as to whether they are strong enough or will fold into your vehicle causing other damage.
How do you weigh it all up?

Back