VNOG 2nd July - Mt terrible through to Kevington

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Make it a day trip or an overnighter.
I Look forward to leading a group through some great country that is accessible by stock 4b's. Tyres will be an advantage but this will be all on main trails. No bog holes, no ruts just everyday tracks. Low range will be required and for anyone that has not yet ventured away on a VNOG trip then this is suited for the beginers beginer.
Meet at Cumberland Junction 10 am Sat 2nd July. Head off through Big River state forest towards Mt Terrible and down the other side to camp at or around Kevington and from there to home the next day. For those wanting to day trip then head back down from Mt Terrible they way we enter and homeward.

Even if your a hardcore VNOGER then it is a bloody good excuse to get out, burn some wood, eat some meat, down some beverages and talk some wisdom.
Oh and I'll be taking the Webber.....no more of this camp oven malarky!
Soif your interested post up. I encourage anyone that has not been on a trip to make this one.

I'll be taking the Webber.....no more of this camp oven malarky!

Sounds like your taking the Mrs.:sarcastic:

Put me down as a 80% chance of making it:cheers!:

The Kevington Pub is a great place to end a days driving, and you can camp next door!

Nah - don't mix business with friends - it would end in tears.

Most of the tracks around Mt Terrible can be done in a stock D22 - I did a trip around there with two who had A/T's and nothing else. The main track is good - steep in some parts but a great drive. There are plenty of side tracks that are rocky and slippery to keep Jase amused.

Would be a great trip.

hmmm .... sounds like a good safe trip out.

if i come along, we can do a "webber" vrs "spit" roast off .... LOL

Bump. Casual weekend.
Cumberland Junction 9am departure Sat. Up over Mt Terrible and down to Kevington / Knockwood for the night. Home the next day.

I am considering coming along. Where is this cumberland junction you are talking about? I cannot seem to find it on google maps or what not. or am I going to have to go to the map store in waverly to get some rooftps lol

It's near Cambarville where Woods Point - Warburton Rd meets Woids Point - Marysville Rd. Found it on Memory Map, free iPhone app if you've got one.

It's near Cambarville where Woods Point - Warburton Rd meets Woids Point - Marysville Rd. Found it on Memory Map, free iPhone app if you've got one.

cheers yeah sweet found it now. doesn't come up as cumberland junction, but i see the junction where the two roads meet.

yep me and my mate are going to come along and do the overnighter if there's room for us. tried to pm you aido, but you've exceeded your inbox limit lol.

just couldn't quite make it to the top of that track!! I am still spewin about that aido! shattered!! we ended up camping at tunnel bend reserve. had a hard time finding wood lol. but had a massive fire in the end, and a few beers to reminisce about the days preceding :D

Have the pics...will put them up tomorrow.
Even if you got beyond where you were you wouldnt have made the next section.
Very impressed with Glenns Pathfinder on HT's. Traction control makes all the difference on that thing. Some decent rubber and he will put Jase to shame in the Pootrol.
Great day....After saying goodbye and facing a 5 hour drive home all I wanted to do was pull up a chair, grab a beer and get comfortable around a fire.

Have the pics...will put them up tomorrow.
Even if you got beyond where you were you wouldnt have made the next section.
Very impressed with Glenns Pathfinder on HT's. Traction control makes all the difference on that thing. Some decent rubber and he will put Jase to shame in the Pootrol.
Great day....After saying goodbye and facing a 5 hour drive home all I wanted to do was pull up a chair, grab a beer and get comfortable around a fire.

yeah fair enough! the pathy was good :D was a good day

Latest posts

Back