NSW Events - 2012 Schedule

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the coffs trip sounds good in the 4x4action mag its supposed to be prity rough mind if i bring a mate and his toyota along

Sure John, I'll make sure I've got recovery gear for him just in case he gets off the bitumen. :devil:

The Kiama run is a coffee/lunch with a photo shoot at the lighthouse. Many of us stretched our budgets at Christmas (we spent over $5K going to Tasmania). The last thing we want is a repair bill just as we thought we'd paid off the credit card! That's why this one was an easy run.

February will be up @ Coffs, it will be both 4x4 and camping. We'll head up in that direction on the Friday afternoon, probably spending the night in a rest area just south of Coffs, and Saturday morning meeting up with RLI (if he's well enough) for a drive into a camp area in the forests nearby. From that camp, it's 4x4 time, but there's also the opportunity for fishing or just sitting on our arses and watching the sun pass overhead. Basically it's pretty much unstructured - nothing like the Muster. Sunday is just a drive home. I haven't worked out which weekend this will be yet, I think I'd prefer later in Feb but would like to touch base with Paul beforehand - he's a great guy and it'd be good for him - and for us - to meet.

UHF channel 15 is what we've been sitting on but if we all have 80 channel rigs, I think sitting up higher (60s or 70s somewhere) ought to be okay as long as they haven't reserved those channels for friggin' dialysis machines or diesel-powered vibrators.

Sounds good I'm keen for a bit of a fourby there. I'm down south pretty much every second week though. Like heading Into tomerong state forest. Can't do anything too much with only my car and no winch though.

I hope the weather holds out, it's an ugly day here today. Was going to post this last night but got caught up in other things (Robot Chicken is partly to blame, as well as a delightful 10 year old muscat I was offered).

My aim is to be out of our place around 7:30-8am and at 8:30am be at the start of the freeway to Sydney (or "See Dunny" as pronounced by Mr Juan Antonio Samaranch declaring the place the winner to hold the 2000 Olympics). I'll sit on UHF 15.

For those in Newcastle, this is on the westbound side of the dual carriageway on the Newcastle Link Rd just before the turnoff to the freeway.

As I'm not expecting large numbers of people I'll just sit there until 8:30am then move on.

We will probably stop @ the Caltex service centre (might be 9:00-9:15am by then) to grab a coffee then continue on to Sydney. We'll take the Pennant Hills Rd exit and follow the Cumberland Highway into Liverpool.

From there we'll head south and just before the freeway there's a Caltex servo on the left (just south of the Crossroads Hotel after the old Ingleburn turnoff). We'll stop there - probably at around 10:30, not sure exactly and depends on traffic.

I hope to leave that Caltex at 10:45 or so. It should take about 90 mins from there to Kiama via the Picton/Wollongong turnoff from the freeway.

That gives us plenty of time for coffee, lunch, photos and back home again.

Here's a google map for the route.

For those in Newcastle, this is on the westbound side of the dual carriageway on the Newcastle Link Rd just before the turnoff to the freeway.

Is that open?

Heading north before Christmas you could not go from freeway to link road, but had to go onto the Beresford roundabout and come back(mimi road?)

For someone who doesn't frequent the area it was very unclear. might have just been the north bound exit closed.

Is that open?

Heading north before Christmas you could not go from freeway to link road, but had to go onto the Beresford roundabout and come back(mimi road?)

For someone who doesn't frequent the area it was very unclear. might have just been the north bound exit closed.

The dual carriageway is closed just further down from the exit while they build an overpass for the new bypass/freeway - you can see the roadwork just before you turn to enter the freeway. The exit to Newcastle via the Link Road for northbound travellers is closed because of that roadwork.

I was at the crossroads values at 10:30 no one was there? Running late Tony? How did the day go?

We were there a little after 10:30. It rained on us reducing visibility near Jolls Bridge (the 90km/h section of the F3) and everyone slowed to a crawl, you could barely see 10 metres in front at times.

We arrived, waited, changed a nappy, waited, drove off. We got to Kiama, saw a couple of Navaras, made a few calls on UHF15, took some photos, drove around a bit, called again, stopped at the cottage stores on the north side of town on the hill leading down into town, called again ...

Suffice to say it was a nice drive.

Sound lovely. Should have Seen the fog on Sunday coming back through Ousley! Could not see lights from
Other cars after 20 foot! It was crazy!

Mt Ousley was fine on Saturday.

I remember when we were heading down Mt Ousley in 2009 for our south-east trip (Newcastle - Eden - Orbost - Melbourne - Warnambool - Mildura - Broken Hill - Mudgee - Newcastle). Cars were doing about 20-30km/h, hazard lights flashing away. Occasional idiot blasting past, a miracle nobody got killed.

Exact same all the way from the top to waterfall! Thick fog. Same thing occasional knob head flew past while myself, a patrol and a couple other cars sat back at about 40kmph hazards on!

Latest posts

Back