Drinks and a feed soon. Minmi Hotel 31 July 2011 12:00 noon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

As the title says.

Cant do it this weekend though as I have a 30th and having a few drinks with my cousin.

You can come Woody.

Depends how far people wanna drive I guess.

Ill even shout you a few drinks Woody.

Love to come but I head back to South Africa on Monday for another 3 months.

All good.

You will be making money instead of spending it, either that or your Mrs might spend it. Haha.

Dave ... stop having an identity crisis ... put the 'other' piccy back up ...

and i'll take you up on those drinks - but it will be at the muster i'm aftraid ... and just because i'll be accepting drinks from ya, doesnt mean i'm 'easy' either .... :ha:

Damn, here I was having my hopes up. Ill remember to take a few roofies with me then.

But the Concord is awesome. The safest plane ever built.

One crash ended it :sad:

Ill run this one for a week and change back to her.

Where suits everyone ?

I am happy to go to Newy Tony as you have bent over backwards coming up this way most of the time.

Mate, I don't mind traveling as you already know!

I reckon we ought to pick somewhere that has reasonable tucker, has plenty of tables to sit at and has reasonable parking. Depends how far people want to travel!

The Royal at Dungog has bloody good food, but you have to park on the street - there's usually heaps of room. Dungog RSL has reasonable food and at least they'll serve you in 20 minutes - unlike Dungog Bowling Club, who had us sitting around for 2 hours, serving other people that came in after us, and then declared "oh you're after that big group over there that just came in". It's NOT worth the frustration going there.

Cardiff RSL is not a bad joint, the Chinese smorgasbord is brilliant and at $20.50 per adult isn't too bad for an "all you can eat".

Warners Bay Tavern is supposed to sell a brilliant T-bone steak.

I don't usually eat in pubs. Our favourite haunt is Mucho's Mexican in The Junction and while the food there is absolutely superb, parking is a nightmare.

I don't care where it is. We could just haunt the Hunter River hotel because they have a restaurant as well - have you tried it? Any good?

ime keen
time and place ??
maryland tavern has NICE meals for $10,steaks for $15
wallsend rsl has good food and a nice undercover deck
are we talking lunch or dinner?

Maryland Tavern looks like it's in the Maryland Shopping Centre and has a good car park as can be seen in this Google Map.

Wallsend RSL doesn't seem to have a lot of its own parking and is right across from the cop shop but as you can see in this Google Map, there's a car park very close by.

We're talking either I think. Dinner wouldn't be bad, but we'd have to be done and away by about 7pm because of the little guy who needs his sleep.

Wherever is good and convenient.

Hey Tony the HR food is alright, nothing to write home about though.

Ill message Andrew and Will and see what there doing.

Hey it would be cool to meet you guy's.

East Maitland Bowling club's Billabong restaurant is nice and has plenty off parking.

Wherever is good and convenient.

Hey Tony the HR food is alright, nothing to write home about though.

Ill message Andrew and Will and see what there doing.

Sounds like a great idea guys, i'm in depending on time and date. Bit busy for the next 2 weekends though.

Hey it would be cool to meet you guy's.

East Maitland Bowling club's Billabong restaurant is nice and has plenty off parking.

Yeah Billabongs at East Maitland is also quiet reasonable, very similar to the Eastern Tiger at Cardiff as Old Tony already mentioned. The George Tavern is also nice but parking can be an issue. The Iron Horse Inn at Cardiff has a good feed also if were looking at trying to stay down that end of Newcastle.

FYI
the lake macquarie highway patrol headquarters is also in cardiff
i hate cardiff
i know
do the right thing and its all ok
i just would prefer not to deal with 22y/old cops who think there shit dont stink :thefinger:
but anywhere suits me
ile let the mrs drive:beer:

Last edited:
So far I'm liking the sound of Billabongs. Doesn't have to be an all-nighter, we aren't dying tomorrow.

Why don't we do it on (say) Wednesday evening? Get there around 5pm, drinks, dinner, wind it up around 7pm?

Weeknights are not so good for me but you can't please everyone. Just pick a date that suits most i guess and i'll be there if i can.

Latest posts

Back