Is anyone able/interested?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtjockey

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for someone who can spray my ute (photos below) - basically it's an 06 with OK paint but a lot of scratches and a few dints (we've just come back from a simpson crossing & the Hay river track) . I want it redone in the original white (so no need for inside doors under bonnet ect).

d22_0003_ute4.jpg

I want a smooth (I know preparation), thick shiny 2 pac finish - I'm not looking for a show car finish but I do want a nice job.

I'm not interested in paying a panel shop to have their 1st year apprentice do a 4.45 friday afternoon mask job and then get a crap finished, poor color matched result - all for a insanely expensive price.

I can strip everything out - I can do all of the necessary prep work (the D22 paint is shit and all you need to do is look at it and it turns to bare metal) - or work with the spray guy (because I know they hate spraying something if they don't know what's underneath) - ideally I would do this over a couple of days and I'm happy to travel to the right person. I'm not a gipp or know-it-all and I have had a bit of experience with painting - but would prefer to get someone who knows how to put on the paint so it's not too wet or dry or orange peely etc. ideally I don't want runs in the paint (I know they can be rubbed out but...)

The plan is to pull off the tub (to get to that back of the cab) and pull out most of the rubbers.

I've also got some wider fiberglass flares that I've made to go on it.

I'm happy to pay cash or work out a contra - if you look at the photos of my car I've built all the barwork (sliders, rear tube bar, wheel carrier, bash plate) if that interests anyone.

I can pay for all materials - so basically I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing and has a few days spare and wants to earn a bit of cash or maybe get something built for their ute. I've got a shed & compressor that could be used but would probably prefer it to go into an oven (I know not critical)

No rush on this but ideally I'd like it done in the next few months. I'm in Brissy but will travel!

cheers

de

d22_0002_ute2.jpg

d22_0001_ute1.jpg

navaraWheel.jpg

Last edited:
that bar work is sick!!

you should do the bullbar orange too! would look awesome!!

Last edited:
man i cant help but wish i could. i would like to admire that bar work for a few days while it gets done hehhe

hope you find someone

by the look of the second pic of the spare holder / gate you are flashing your skills, & i'm happy you are. i dont know anyone to assist your request (as i'm in Adelaide) but i think that rear gate is a great idea. do you have any other designs? you should start a thread on it showing build details.

thanks Guys, but the design is not original - it's based on what is fitted to the Desert race trucks in the US (trophy trucks) - the plan is to turn this ute into something similar - bigger wider guards - lots of color & signage (vehicle wrap) - something that looks different here in Aust (I'll take off all the roof baskets for normal driving) At some point in the future (my wife tells me after our new house is finished) the plan is to build an new extreme 2wd Navara and run the Aussie off road championship (I raced a buggy for 10 years) - this will fill the void until then.

The picture of the open carrier was more to show how the wheel carrier worked i.e. that it was hinged and could fit in eithor way. But I do have plans for some other interesting features that I'll build into it that will make it a bit different. The plan is to be at the Navara Muster in a few months - hopefully painted and finished.

I agree with the others, some very nice bar work. Sorry, can't suggest anyone for the paint though.

Mitch

Where abouts are you mate? An how how about a thread with a heap of photo's of your truck?

I'll try and get some pictures of the fibreglass flares on the weekend - I still need to do a bit more work on them before they are fitted on - they are not super aggressive but they look quiet tough (I think)

Latest posts

Back