Brodie's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Figured it was about time to start a thread for this very slow build up.
I purchased this car on the 3/12/10 and have done nearly nothing to it until now.
So after spending a few grand on repairs of worn parts (I now have a new steering setup basicaly) and installing a few bits I had laying around I have a good base to start on.
Today the truck went in to get new tyres, a set of Nankang N-889 Mudstars 31x10.5r15 which set me back $200 each from Harbour Town Tyres who were excellent to deal with and I would recommend to anyone.

Anyway here are a few pics from when I bought it and one from now. New pics soon.

162769_1691384410639_1418614287_1750016_1362737_n.jpg
155162_1691384530642_1418614287_1750017_1466158_n.jpg
IMG_20110805_171719.jpg

I plan get a series 2 tail gate just to neaten it up a bit. Happy with it so far.

Last edited:
More Picks

Nice rig. I reckon a black roll bar would look tough on it.
Yeah I was thinking about the same. I am going to try to keep a Black and Grey style about it.

Nice rig, All the best, Regards, RLI
Thanks mate, keep the jokes coming aswell, classic.

Anyway just finished washing the ute so here are some better pics.
2918.jpg

2919.jpg

I will be getting a 50mm lift once the tax man comes,
Then will be the snorkle. Does anyone know a decent airbox that would fit?
I will be taking it out next weekend for a try out of the new tyres around a few tracks in the hinterland and will get some better pics then.
Hopefully with a decent view in the background.

-Brodie

Last edited:
Alright so I have purchased a 80 series landcruiser airbox and am waiting on some hose size reducers to fit it.
I also managed to find a Sports Roll Bar on the gold coast for only $25, bargin ey?
So I will be fitting that on once I paint it and cut the old bar off.
Will have to cut the Tonneau to fit the new bar in.
Just paid the rego so the lift and snorkel are a bit off for now.

Nice D22. That a 3.2 ?
Cheers Dave, yeah mate it's the 3.2. I find it nice to drive just a bit on the slow side though.
I will invest in a turbo once I find a bloody manifold, becoming hard to get it seems.

coming together pretty well there ! Keeping posting up info.... and some pics of it in action!

I only emailed that store 3 weeks ago if that to ask when they would get it back in stock and had the "working in the mines, cant help you." reply about the full turbo kit.
Yeah that looks like it will be mine next pay day. Thank you very much Dave

Also just finished attaching the 80 series airbox and will post some pics up soon. Still waiting on hearing when I can pick the roll bar up.

Last edited:
Cheers Brian.

Well the tax man came I just found out, so I have purchased that turbo manifold and will be saving for a turbo and associated parts next. A few bills have helped to chew the tax away quick.

Anyway here is a photo of my new airbox and line which will be only be on there for a few months or so once the turbo goes in.
IMG_20110811_172352.jpg

So what kind of turbo should I be using, I would have no clue. T3 and T4 are my options I know that much.
Is it the T3 that spools up at a lower RPM or is that purely a turbine based thing?
Also for the exaust once the turbo is in. Should I have 3" or 2.5" I was thinking of running around 8psi.

Alright just an update. Went out to test the new tyres yesterday so here are a few pics. Also attached the Sports bar. These pictures are at the fire trails in Guanaba, nice view of the Gold Coast from the top of them.

IMG_20110813_152333.jpg

IMG_20110813_150916.jpg

IMG_20110813_143208.jpg

IMG_20110813_144741.jpg

I am thinking about keeping the sports bar chrome now as it does not look to bad fitted. See what happens I guess, just need to get a new tonneau now.

-Brodie

So the turbo manifold came in the mail today. must say I'm impressed at postage speed. Anyway I have been looking for a turbo and this is what I am considering at the moment.
T3 T4 T04E Turbo charger + Oil line kit braided +Flange | eBay
Can anyone suggest if this will be a good turbo considering I rev out to a maximum of around 3.5 (and I mean when I am pushing it hard)?
From what I know about turbos (SFA) this has a low "A/R" (.63 A/R Turbine||.50 A/R Compressor) allowing it to spool up quicker but will restrict the motor some what in high revs?

Seems a little big.

Usually a 2L petrol size turbo is a good size for a 4L diesel.

Ill give the thread a bump.

Hit Dion up, he is pretty cluey.

Ok so after spending the last two hours with next to no idea what I am looking for I have only been able to come across this Turbo which may be suitable. T3 T4 TURBO CHARGER COMPRESSOR A/R 0.5 TURBINE A/R 0.63 | eBay
And now for the stupid questions.
1) I know that I will need a low A/R for a low RPM spool but how low is too low?
2) Being a top mount manifold I would like the air extake (charged side?) to be facing up or toward the right hand side of the motor, Can I move any turbo to that position? Keeping in mind I would like to mount the downpipe facing backwards.
3) Help? I am near clueless with Turbos and wish to learn more about them.

Think that about covers it for now. More stupid questions later no doubt. :hmmmm2:

Ok after a bit of research and help from Dave and Dion I have purchased this turbo
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
It should arrive early September and I will hope to have all the lines waiting for it when it arrives.
Then it is just a matter of getting it an exhaust and tuned.
On that matter, does anyone know the stock Fuel to Air ratio for the QD32 and does anyone know a good Diesel tuner on the Gold Coast?

Once I have the turbo installed I will be running 8PSI and plan to have a straight through exhaust. Just not sure on the size of the pipe as I mentioned in an earlier post.
Will Have some pics up once the turbo arrives.

Ok after a bit of research and help from Dave and Dion I have purchased this >Turbo<
It should arrive early September and I will hope to have all the lines waiting for it when it arrives.
Then it is just a matter of getting it an exhaust and tuned.
On that matter, does anyone know the stock Fuel to Air ratio for the QD32 and does anyone know a good Diesel tuner on the Gold Coast?

Once I have the turbo installed I will be running 8PSI and plan to have a straight through exhaust. Just not sure on the size of the pipe as I mentioned in an earlier post.
Will Have some pics up once the turbo arrives.

Last edited:
I was not planning on intercooling it as it will be difficult to find one that will fit inline with the piping I have planned.
The direction of the extake of the turbo is facing toward the intake of the motor so there would be max about 40cm of pipe
TURBO-1.jpg

Still deciding I guess. Will be easier once the turbo arrives and I can see how much room I have to work with.
I have one intercooler I will be watching to see how much it goes for and if cheap enough I will buy it. 200x140x65 are the dimensions so should fit.
Would there be much of a benefit in having a top mount intercooler this small or would it be a waste of cash?

Latest posts

Back