Calling all 2.5 drivers!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just paid $29500 drive away non ABN for a 04/12 str

where?

Ours is Oct 2010dual cab and have 24K kms on it. No engine or other problems*. No problems with tyres. fuel economy has always been 10+L/100kms. Goes up to 15Kms with the CT(1.6ton) and pushing the speed limit.

IMO, so long as you keep the engine within the 1,750-3,000 revs range then you shouldn't have any problems. Yes, keep in mind using 2Low to start off up a hill with a load. Actually 4Low doesn't matter so long as there isn't sharp turns on hard surface.

* I really need to replace the rear suspension as it sags a bit when we load up to go away.

you can get them pretty cheap again, 28990 at most places for a 2012 white one but it looks like its back to thai built ones again.

Mines a Dec 2010. I'm nearly on 20,000 km. So far for $30k brand spanka drive away, its been an incredible value for money, for a 4x4 ute. Cannot fault the engine so far. The only issue i have (and still have), is rattling "something" on the doors when cornering and hitting slight bumps along the way. Very annoying, been to Nissan twice since purchase and they say that they cannot find a thing. The other thing was the factory suspension, it just didn't feel right. Something you'd expect on a POS great wall. But nothing a nice upgrade and lift didn't fix.

Oh yeah and its very capable off-road too, which is why i bought mine for in the first place.

Hodge, mine has the door rattle too, i keep checking my door is shut lol! how you finding ur OME suspension holding up?

Hodge, mine has the door rattle too, i keep checking my door is shut lol! how you finding ur OME suspension holding up?

Haha yes so do i. Everytime i hear the rattle, even though i KNOW doors are shut, i still check them. I'm unsure whether it's the doors, or something INSIDE the doors behind the trimmings... But yes very very frustrating. The other day i spoke to someone who mentioned its pretty common on the recent D22's, and its fixed by moving the door latch point on the body couple of mm . But i'm not sure how that would fix it since the door feels firmly shut. Maybe one day i'll solve it...

As for OME, it's holding up well for me. I've had no issues. I got a tad concerned after hearing whispers their stuff sags, sometimes weeks after install, but mines been on for a year now and still holding the height it had from day 1. Even after a fair bit of gear got put on, especially the winch. Mine road sniffs a bit, looks butt ugly from some angles, but once canopy and roof racks and all the gizmos got into the back it'll level out. Performance wise it impresses too. Flexed the shit out of it last 2 weekends lol.

thanks Hodge, glad to hear they're not all bad. I'll hope for the best with mine and pop a OME 2' lift in, hopefully it holds....

might try moving the door latch, mite work

There is a thread containing information about fixing the rattling door problem.

Caveat vague memory. Basically the door latch is held in place by a plate held in place by paint, so you need to tap/hit a bolt in the thread on both bolts to free it up and then adjust tighten up and see how it goes.

I have a 2011 D22 , soon after i got it i got the door rattle , at 1st service i got them to fix it lasted a week .I tried a few things in the end a little bit Elec tape did it .
I fixed my door rattle by small amount tape on the door locker thing.see picture.

Been on there about 3 months now not 1 rattle :redcool::redcool:

f67ecff1.jpg

Sunoco motors on sunshine coast QLD

Is there much difference between the thai and japan built d22 ?

Cosmetically not really, physical build quality I have owned both and won't buy a thai one again if I can avoid it or any thai built car for that matter.

I will never buy a Nissan again, I bought a 2009 STR in 2010 and it has cost me about 14 holidays so far as it has constantly had problems from day 1. It has 55000km on the clock and 40,000km would have been rung up taking it back to a Nissan agent. It developed stress fractures in the lower front radiator supports, top radiator supports and also the passener fron inner skirt by 15000km and the vehicle has never been offroad.I live remote and it is ridiculous that a new vehicle at the time had these problems. As Nissan Customer Service What's that? Nissan dont care!!!

I purchased a 12/2012 STR special edition (Jap Built) this past January, have done about 15,000k's so far, and yes compared to my old 2005 Musso Sports Ute this 2.5Lt engine is a little more noisier, fuel wise I get about 720klm to a tank around Sydney or if I believe my phone's Drivers Journal a avg fuel consumption of around 10.78L/100km, either way it has better fuel economy then my wife's 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer, it is fitted up with a ARB Canopy & Rhino Rack System, make-ship storage system (Old Musso Sports ute storage) and after the15,000k's Tyres still look about 90%+ Treed, I did notice a little ass sag when loaded up with camping gear this past weekend, so next mod will be Suspension up-grade I think.

Apart from that, I am very happy with my D22

Well i got my St-r in 2009 October.

If i had my time again i wouldn't buy a Nissan, no way known.

10,000km service i had 6 body mount replaced as when ever i turned left i was getting a banging vibration noise. Anyways i had my 40,000 two weeks ago and i told them i was getting the noise again. They checked it and said it was fine.

I went back last week and demanded someone get in the car with me.

Anyways guess what... The car has another 2 faulty body mounts. Even one of the bolts have snapped. Now the car is in NIssan for 3 days getting repaired.

Now how the hell does this happen when i only drive this car on weekends. Ive only just done 40,000 on it since October 2009.

I reckon Ive been off road on easy 4wd tracks maybe 8 times since Ive owned it, and yet my car is snapping body mounts...

Door rattles... Well ive had them as well. There a lot better than what they used to be but still. I paid 33900 for my St-r Brand new you would expect to have no problems at all.

God ive still got a 95 commodore that i do no maintenance on and it runs like a dream at over 250,000kms.

With the picture a few pages back with tape on the door hinge, fair enough that might stop the door ratterling but common man this is a new car. You shouldn't have to put tape on a latch to stop it banging.

What kind of cars are these. cheap shit if you ask me.

To be honest i reckon my Nissan will fall apart over time as it already is.

I might get everything right with it and flog it before this happens again and costs me 1000;s out of warranty.

But its very disappointing as Ive spent over 10k on extras over the 3 years ive had it and ill never get that money back.

Power wise its slow but i got used to that pretty fast. Only really noticeable when you have a heavy load on the back towing.

Last edited:
My 2010 nav has done nearly 60k.
Some of the issues ive had are:

Constant blowing of smoke. EPA guys see me coming!
Got 7k out of my first rh front tyre, 22k out of the second.
The stereo has been replaced twice.
I'm constantly blowing fuses. ( they go at random)
The body has cracking around the pillar/roof joins.
Constant grinding noises anywhere near full lock.

The good:
650 k's to a tank regardless of how it is driven.
The bullbar! (Hit many roos at 100km/hr. Only minor scrapes)
The way it becomes very predictable with its handeling. Off road or on.

So would I get another? Probably. When shes pulling 2.5t, got all my work gear in the tub and I need to get to work on time I couldnt ask for a more reliable vehicle. It just keeps going.

The smoke thing can be fixed with the EGR mod, stock tyres are shite get something decent like BFG AT and the stereo can always be replaced with something better.

Latest posts

Back