Calling all 2.5 drivers!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it was brand new.... only 79km's on the clock. just seemed to be quite rough when you put your foot into it!

Well mine was shocking when I bought it new, so noisy my wife was horrified, took about500km for it to settle and 5000km til it was relatively quiet... I wouldn't factor that into ur considerations. The EGR mod removes that flat spot in the acceleration

Yeah it was brand new.... only 79km's on the clock. just seemed to be quite rough when you put your foot into it!

Can you elaborate more on that? I have driven a couple of both and to me the YD25 fell alot smoother to drive, and once your going feel faster.

could just be like mad possum said..... takes a little bit of time to wear it in, but the one i drove this arvo was really noisy. will test drive a few more see if i come round. everything im reading says the 2.5 is a good thing

Well mine was shocking when I bought it new, so noisy my wife was horrified, took about500km for it to settle and 5000km til it was relatively quiet... I wouldn't factor that into ur considerations. The EGR mod removes that flat spot in the acceleration

how do you go having the egr blocked while under warranty????

maybe you should test drive a 2nd hand one with a few k's on it
i waited till 1000k service then i put egr plate in
its been back 3 times now and they havent noticed it

i'll reverse the EGR when i take it back for the service i think, that way they wont know even if they look.... where u from nav man?

My 2008 d22 is going in for its 120,000km service tomorrow.I had the injectors replaced under warranty at 40,000km as it had been blowing a bit of smoke but ran fine,no other mechanical problems since.and no rattles or squeaks.Replaced suspension with Old Man Emu shocks,springs and torsion bars,made a huge improvement in the ride.Underpowered for towing heavy loads,I put a TuneIt chip and exhaust on at 90,000km and recently towed a 2 ton boat over 2500km which it did with ease.Normally get about 9.4l/100k for town/hwy driving,I averaged 16l/100k towing the boat.For the price and a few mods I think its a good buy.

They are def sluggish stock, 80 kw and 250
Newtons at the wheels, I did EGR mod, boost mod
And chipit chip and now have 105 and 360 at the rears, much more
Enjoyable to drive now and a must do if you intent on putting bigger tyres on it, but like someone else said they def aren't a quiet diesel but I love mine, wouldn't swap it for anything, unless a TD42 of course hahahah

maybe you should test drive a 2nd hand one with a few k's on it
i waited till 1000k service then i put egr plate in
its been back 3 times now and they havent noticed it

Test drove a 2008 2.5 with 116xxx on the clock didnt look like it was looked after well at all but still drove well not that noisy and the engine seemed alot smoother than the brand new one which as put my mind to rest about that. just need to find one for the right price and get a good price for mine.

i'll reverse the EGR when i take it back for the service i think, that way they wont know even if they look.... where u from nav man?

north brissy mate..... Warner

I am in the same boat as you nav man, i have been pricing D40s but the current D22 is still in the back of my mind. would been keen on people thought that have owned a 3.0l and now have a 2.5

I am in the same boat as you nav man, i have been pricing D40s but the current D22 is still in the back of my mind. would been keen on people thought that have owned a 3.0l and now have a 2.5

for most things the D22 in 2.5 guise is fine, certainly a bit tougher than the D40 as far as I know.

Yer thats what i am thinking mate, i like the D40 for the room inside and little bit more comfort, but the D22 is more nimble offroad & lot more cabable, only downside i see is for towing my boat up to the dam, but $1200 for a chip is cheaper then the $6,000+ difference of the RX

If you have a boat you can always put a D22 into 2low to ease the pressure on the drivetrain when you go to take off, pretty sure D40's you can't or something not to mention the turning circle is a bit better (not alot but still better)

anyway shop around I have seen 2012 STR special editions here in QLD for 28990drive away so good deals are there to be had.

Fuel wise I noticed it drank a bit but it got better after 20000klms came good
same as others on forum factory tires don't last long mine are wearing on the inside at 30000klms need to replace them but other wise great 4wd
I don't go off road with mine so other forum users could give you more info for of road use

Back